No Harm, No Foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Harm, No Foul?

‘Firearms instructor’ hired as school guard leaves handgun in student bathroom - Raw Story
    Article from Michigan live.com

Chatfield School in Michigan takes the NRA's advice and hires a retired cop and County Sheriff's Department Firearms Instructor to be their armed security guard.

The following Monday after they make this "patriotic" announcement, the new armed guard forgets his handgun in the boys restroom.

The local prosecutor says
    “It’s almost like no harm no foul”
    because no one was hurt.

Can anyone pulled over for a DUI use that excuse when he tries to convict them?

They're saying it was forgotten for "only moments" and it was unloaded. Why am I expecting "Only moments" was really like 15-20 minutes or worse, found by a student or another staff member?

I don't believe it was unloaded either. No security guard anywhere carries an unloaded weapon. That's what safeties are for.
    Last edited by crashhelmet; 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM. Reason: Added another link
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

:facepalm:

Edit: This site desperately needs a Facepalm smiley.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post

is close.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post

Like this?

Saw this story on another forum. Someone should get fired pretty quickly.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
          I don't believe it was unloaded either. No security guard anywhere carries an unloaded weapon. That's what safeties are for.
          only thing I'll say to this, is my handgun is a former police sidearm(purchased legally),S&W Sigma .40, it has no safety, many glocks(preferred by police/security forces) don't have safeties. It's not a requirement.

Though I seriously wonder why he had it out to leave somewhere, it should be holstered, and not removed unless required.
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
          X