Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Jesus tip? - Pastor stiffs server and leaves snarky note to boot

Photo here

You'll notice of course that it's an AUTOMATIC GRATUITY our holy man is apparently protesting. Evidently he was dining with a group.

God help me if I ever end up in this guys Church.

Imagine if Jesus refused to feed the Four thousand and kept it all for himself?

I think I'd find out what church this so-called holy man preaches at, and put his note in the collection plate. Hey, if it's good enough for a tip, it's good enough for an offering.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Dumbass. You give God 10% of your GROSS or NET INCOME. You give the waiter 18% of that one bill.

So. God gets $3,000. If he's on the low end of the spectrum. The waiter gets seven bucks. That's why the waiter gets 18% and God gets 10%.

Dumbass.
      "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
      We are contented, because he says we are
      He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Yet again someone uses God as an excuse to do the wrong they want to do anyway.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Sounds like that pastor wasn't listening to what a certain Jewish carpenter said about how to treat other people.

Ever heard about those religious tracts that look like a large-denomination note, and that some "Christians" leave as a tip? I'd like to see someone make one up dealing with certain passages from the Bible, then have servers from that restaurant make a "road trip" to that pastor's church one Sunday, and put the "special" tracts in the collection plate.

Comment

I guess all one can do is pray for him to learn from what he's supposed to be preaching.
            Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I came across this article on another board that pretty well sums up the hypocracy of some so-called "Christians"

http://www.crosswalk.com/family/fina...he-gospel.html
              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

You'd think the waiter would need it more than the church.

Comment

Update

The server who posted the photo of the receipt has been fired and the good Pastor apparently after seeing how much attention he was catching online, went full metal SC and called the restaurant demanding EVERYONE (that's right, every single employee) be fired for this incident,

What a piece of work that guy is.

Comment

From dumbass to jackass just like that. I never cease to be amazed by the potential for human selfishness and self-centerdness, and yet I'm never surprised.
                    "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                    We are contented, because he says we are
                    He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Well, Appleby's statement about the firing of the server is at least somewhat reasonably, I'd say. She *did* share a guest's personal information on the internet; at least when she first posted it, the signature was visible on the receipt.

But the pastor's demand for *everyone* to be fired is just way, way over the top. She's just an asshole.
                      "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                      "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

and the funny thing about this female pastor is that SHE HERSELF was destitute and poor and homeless "when she was touched by the Lord".

Unfortuneately people like this and the "Sunday morning crowd" really gives Chirstians a very bad name and reputation with servers/tipped employees.

Now all I hear from the "Pastor" is lame excuses, no compassion and backpeddling.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Shame there's noplace on that article for comments; I'd love to add a few.

Was the girl wrong to have "assumed" the signature would be illegible? Absolutely.

But that "pastor" makes a complete mockery of her supposed religion. I don't think she was "touched by the Lord" so much as by a sudden realization that she could get other people to support her in a way that didn't leave her open to (much) criticism about being a layabout.

Comment

It's the fact she's doing damage control but not apolgizing that says it all to me...

Dumbass cheapskate!

Comment

I always wonder if the people who do this sort of thing realize that the Old Testament says to leave a seventh of your harvest (income, in the modern age) for the poor - Exodus 23:11.

And two verses prior is a command to be kind to strangers (a very common and oft-ignored sentiment in the Bible).
                              "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                              TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
                              X