Police Brutality in Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Brutality in Rhode Island

I didn't see a board about this, so I'm sorry if I missed it.

Here's a video of a Rhode Island police officer kicking a hand-cuffed woman on a curb. The officer is claiming self-defense, while the rest of the world claims "bullshit!" because not only was the woman sitting down, but she was also handcuffed.

Did she deserve punishment for kicking him in the shin? Yes, in the form of a new charge and jail time. She didn't deserve a kick to the temple that obviously laid her flat onto the pavement.

Edit: Didn't realize how old this case was. Here's an update, though. Apparently he was charged with felony assault, but was still fighting to keep his job/pension in 2012. According to Snopes, he resigned rather than be shamed any further.
    Last edited by Seifer; 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM.

On the one hand, she appears to be a crazy drunk who attacked a cop and the cop just reacted purely on instinct. I don't think he intended to knock her the hell out. It was just a really good kick by luck.

On the other hand, he realistically wasn't really in danger. Just need to take a step back out of her range.

My opinion: Extremely bad knee-jerk reaction that can't be let go.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
    X