Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "baby on board" button for the Tube

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ard-badge.html

The button is cute and I like how the Duchess of Cambridge enjoyed it.

I just don't think this is going to work the way they planned it.

cos on the official site there's no mention of whether or not you actually have to PROVE that you're pregnant.

I rather suspect that some people will just demand badges because they don't want to sit - even if they're not pregnant.

You may want to edit that last line

I don't see what good the buttons will do. If people don't want to give a pregnant woman their seat, her wearing a pin isn't likely to change that.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

true, it's a courtesy and not a requirement. but i'm sure fakers will still try to trick people into giving up seats.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        I don't see what good the buttons will do. If people don't want to give a pregnant woman their seat, her wearing a pin isn't likely to change that.
        I think it's more to do with the classic dilemma of if someone is pregnant or just fat, so it's meant to indicate someone who actually is pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          I think it's more to do with the classic dilemma of if someone is pregnant or just fat, so it's meant to indicate someone who actually is pregnant.
          Good point; I hadn't thought of that. Then again, one advantage of living somewhere a bit behind the times in some respects is that, if we had buses at all, it would be acceptable but not mandatory to let any woman have my seat, and so the error would go unnoticed
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

it ISN'T mandatory to give up your seat, unless you are sitting in the 2-4 seats designated as priority seating. (basically, anyone can sit in them, but if someone who has difficulty standing gets on, you are expected to give up your seat for them. Usually they are the last seats to fill.)

Comment

Sorry; I didn't mean literally mandatory

Comment

Working...
              X