Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punxsutawney Phil indicted on fraud charges

Link here

And the prosecutor is seeking the DEATH PENALTY in this case! Though I hope he doesn't follow through on it.

So it's cold and the groundhog predicted an early spring. So what? Groundhogs have made mistakes before, but his reaction is beyond insane!
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM. Reason: Corrected name of groundhog

This has got to be an early April Fools joke. This doesn't even deserve jail time, let alone the death penalty.

Comment

This is a joke. (Even the news video says he isn't serious.)

It's not the groundhog's fault that idiotic humans believe in old wives' tales, so I find it absolutely silly that there is so much outrage and whining about the groundhog being wrong. (I know some of it is just joking. I've even posted a few of the FB memes, myself.)
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

To be fair he is usually right...in his own vacinity.

Comment

"There is no way that this winter is ever going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him."

Comment

Now, being in Canada, I can understand why people go insane during a long winter. Maybe that's why I spent most of my childhood hunting groundhogs with my dad...

Comment

Given what I just got back to (see here) I don't think I can be blamed for thinking hoping that it's true and I get to be the executioner.

Comment

Originally posted by cindybubbles View Post

And the prosecutor is seeking the DEATH PENALTY in this case!
                I have a recipe ....

Comment

Working...
                X