Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby left in car - no charges on the mother

http://www.3news.co.nz/Mixed-reactio...8/Default.aspx

I read about this over at the main site, but figured the "no charges" thing was gonna be a bit volatile so here it is over at fratching.

I know other customers waited for the mother at her car. People took photos of the baby. People talked to the local news.

But what didn't happen was … a formal complaint. Cos there was no formal complaint, the mother will not get charged or fined for leaving her baby in the car.

Last edited by PepperElf; 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM.

Was it extremely hot out or something that made it unsafe for the kid?
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Police definitely should have been called.

My "perfect scenario" under these circumstances, would have been for one of the citizens to call the police, Officer(s) arrives, then Officer phones the "Mother's" cell, and without indentifying themself as being the police, just saying something like: "Hi, I'm next to your car, and it looks like your baby needs you." Then, when she comes out, arrest her.

Mike
      If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        Irrelevant. Child is an infant.

One that looks to be maybe 2-3 months old.

Comment

I will never understand why mother's do this, you would think it would be instinctual to NEVER do this. It's extremely harmful no matter what.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
            You never, ever leave a baby in a car unattended!
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Aye be thankful the first person to find said unatended baby didn't brick the window and make off with it.

Comment

Leaving a baby alone in a car is always unsafe. If it vomits it can aspirate (choke).

Get snatched.

Cars get very hot or very cold very quickly.

Stupid, stupid woman. CPS should have been called.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
                X