Kneel before the feminist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneel before the feminist

This is the attitude I'm getting from a bunch of dicks - ironic insult intended - today.

In the UK we have four general banknotes, three of which I see regularly. The £20 was redesigned several years ago, the £50 was apparently too recently but I rarely see them, and the £10 is still old: the £5 note is due for an upgrade soon, and in the recently revealed redesign the new person to go on the reverse is Winston Churchill.

About bloody time.

But, because he had a dick and because he dares to replace Elizabeth Fry, the aforementioned bunch of dicks are shrieking about it. They're demanding they throw away the months of design work to put on some woman, who exactly they can't decide on and most of which I've never heard of - and none of which brought us through WW2 with such balls as Churchill did.

This is our coinage and currency here. It is not a fucking popularity contest. It is not a child's school competition. But because I'm happy to see Churchill on the fiver, and because he wasn't a woman - or gay or non-British, even some were saying - he isn't worthy and I'm a traitor to my sex for supporting the current design.

GOD FUCKING SAKE. ASFGDHEH.

*gasps*

To those who actively enjoy furthering the cause for women without being stinking bitches about it, I pity that you get lumped in with these screaming entitled hordes. Because you're lovely, but sadly in my experience rare.

It took me an absolute bloody age to make out the name on the fiver, then I had no idea who she was, ok most of the current lot I wouldn't know either without Google.
    Florence nightingale on the old tenner? Stevenage's rocket on the pre fry fiver, Shakespeare on the 20 same time as Florence iir, but nope none of he others stick in my mind, although I think Darwin was on one of em once.

They may have been important or influential, but I have no bloody idea who.

But for those that don't know which woman to put on the fiver instead of Churchill.
    Ideal candidate

Thatcher.

Thatcher or Churchill no other choices clock is ticking ...

Comment

Hey, could be worse. Our new $100 had to be redesigned because Quebec objected saying the unnamed female scientist on the back looked too "Asian". -.-

Also, isn't the Queen already on everything there? She is here.

Comment

Queen doesn't count as a woman apparently, because she's royal and therefore has to be there. I quote, "It's not like she's actually done anything".

Comment

actually, you may have hit on the reason: the queen is on there anyway. It's hardly a defence agianst a charge of sexism when you literally have no choice.

On the other hand, they need to STFU about this. seriously, saying the fiver has to have a woman on it? wasn't it a man before Fry? ( Stephenson, afaik)

Comment

Wow. And I thought Americans had problems with political correctness

Our paper money has no females. They are all past Presidents. Most of our coinage is as well, except for our dollar coins: two females who were put there for political correctness purposes, didn't inspire the general population, and were put on coins that persistently are mistaken for quarters. Dumbasses. I think they wanted the dollar coin to fail.

I don't understand why the UK doesn't choose famous royals. I can think of plenty of kings and queens that surely inspire the nation: George VI for example.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Well Banksy did a whole load of good quality 'tenner's' with Diana instead of the queen, but had to burn most of them as those that were distributed as art were often mistaken for real money and he realised that he by accident became a counterfeiter, but I think most people would rather have the David Tennant ones from the Runaway Bride though.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                Our paper money has no females. They are all past Presidents.
                Minor nitpick here, because it is to be fair oft forgotten: Benjamin Franklin was never president. He was also never a woman either :P

Chase on the $10k was also never pres, but since there are very few of those bills even left in existance (having been discontinued decades ago), that's a free pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                  I don't understand why the UK doesn't choose famous royals. I can think of plenty of kings and queens that surely inspire the nation: George VI for example.
                  I think that would be brilliant - Elizabeth I anyone? - but that's likely to bring all the British Republicans out of the woodwork, and they're with a few nice exceptions an even noisier bunch.

Comment

I vote for Christine Keeler and THAT chair pose.

Comment

Are there any other women on the money? Aside from the queen?
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

We have Elizabeth Fry (whom ever she is) on the current fiver's and used to have Florence Nightingale on either 10's or 20's in the 80's, other than that I draw a blank, but having said that I couldn't name anyone from the current line up without looking at a note.

Oh and 50p pieces used to have Britannia on them, not sure if she's a reimagining of bodecia (sp) or not, but she's all shield and spear and perhaps lion too, not seen one in an age, least I didn't look at the face of the last 50p I had before spending it.

Comment

Well, I'd like to think that most people know who Florence was . . . .
                          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Ermintrude's friend? Sure, I know here.

Rapscallion
                            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

To be honest, I wish America would go back to using Liberty on their coinage; I always thought those designs looked better than the current ones (not that I was alive during their usage, mind you).
                              "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Working...
                              X