Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape suspect gives up vampire fiction for bond

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/au...-rape-suspect/

He offered to give up "Twilight", "50 Shades", and "True Blood" in order to reduce his bond.

The judge gave the reduction, but cited the fact he'd been in jail since May and his trial date is in March.

I don't even...

I laugh at the stupidity, not the crime.
    I has a blog!

It sounds like the judge was considering lowering it anyway.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Wouldn't matter, anyway. Bail ( which is what is referred to by a bond) is not actually a punishment ( indeed, if you actually turn up to court, it is refunded in full) but is designed to keep you from doing a runner. ( basically, it's designed to be enough that you can't just shrug off the loss of the money if you do a runner) Giving up the vampire fiction is more of a punishment.

Comment

The defendant is trying to show he is not a danger to others, which can be a factor in determining if you get bail at all.

Sounds like it was a moot point; I'm sure there is a condition he have no contact with the victim anyway, and judges are reluctant to keep people in jail that long without good reason. The Constitution requires that bail be reasonable.
        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
        X