Your $1000 fine is 15 days overdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your $1000 fine is 15 days overdue

So obviously that needs a 1:30am strike warrant with 8 officers to effect.

Words fail me. How terrified are the police of us that this could be considered a reasonable level of force?

Holy, fucking hell.

And just how much did that raid cost taxpayers? Compared to the postage fees on a registered letter that would have accomplished pretty much exactly the same thing, but without the video of police abusing their power, the investigation, and the very probable lawsuit to come?
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I could understand getting super amped up (As far as the cops go. You never know what's going to be behind that door. They take 30 minutes to open the door while shouting at the cops that they hadn't done anything wrong (Because no guilty person has ever claimed that before, right?".

But once they came in and no one was acting violently or suspiciously, there's no reason for the cops to get violent either.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Actually, most of what they were shouting was that the address the cops were giving them wasn't their address and that they were at the wrong house.

The cops responded that they "didn't give a damn" that they were possibly at the wrong place and never did tell them who they were there to go after. Plus a call to 911 - as instructed by the officers - did not give them any confirmation that they were supposed to be there in the first place.

Plus, in what word does an overdue fine on a civil violation warrant (no pun intended) a middle-of-the-night visit from 8 officers? Was there no real crime going on that they could have been dealing with?
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Perhaps they were sheltering a deer =p

Comment

He'll I've seen those post cards go out in excess of 3k for various traffic fines and I've never seen the cops go after people for it. Sure if you get pulled over again it's a go straight to jail but not breaking down a door.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
              He'll I've seen those post cards go out in excess of 3k for various traffic fines and I've never seen the cops go after people for it. Sure if you get pulled over again it's a go straight to jail but not breaking down a door.
              I actually was let go with a warning despite having a bench warrant on me.

So, yeah, this action was far in excess of acceptable.

Comment

Here's a video of the ordeal. Be warned, it's pretty graphic language.

There is no defense for this kind of reaction. None at all. The cops acted like mafia goons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  Here's a video of the ordeal. Be warned, it's pretty graphic language.
                  Wow, that was.....special. That one sheriff really did NOT know when to shut the fuck up. I especially like him accusing them of setting black people back 45 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                    I could understand getting super amped up (As far as the cops go. You never know what's going to be behind that door. They take 30 minutes to open the door while shouting at the cops that they hadn't done anything wrong (Because no guilty person has ever claimed that before, right?".

But once they came in and no one was acting violently or suspiciously, there's no reason for the cops to get violent either.
                    The question shouldn't be the behavior of the deputies. The question should be "Who ordered a raid in the first place?"
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Its bizarre they were even serving a misdemeanor warrant at night to begin with. I don't know about Georgia but a fair number of states don't allow a misdemeanor warrant to be served after 10pm. Especially not at 1:30am and certainly not with 8 officers.

They also obviously had no search warrant. They could have left the officers out there all god damn night and they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. They could not legally enter unless invited in.

Their police chief sounds like a sad sack of shit too saying he didn't hear any physical threats made on the tape. His officers were just having an "adrenaline rush" so they didn't really mean it when they threatened to taze anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                        The question shouldn't be the behavior of the deputies. The question should be "Who ordered a raid in the first place?"
                        I'm much more curious about why, but the chances of getting a straight answer on "who" are much better.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          I'm much more curious about why, but the chances of getting a straight answer on "who" are much better.
                          Im wondering if the "Why" is "to make my dick feel bigger". Or possibly "Lol".

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                            The mom actually speculates in the film about a "Lt. James" who has been harassing her for 2 years. Apparently cops have been to this house before. I'm not speculating on whether the original reason was valid or not, but she had been pushing a complaint and stated IA was involved on that complaint. Mom felt this was retaliation, and I'm inclined to agree with her. Someone saw the arrest warrant for the unpaid fine and saw an opportunity to get at this woman and her family.

I'd love to be able to hear the actual 911 call, and know if the dispatcher told the family it was the SO like the deputies later claim on the film.

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            Its bizarre they were even serving a misdemeanor warrant at night to begin with. I don't know about Georgia but a fair number of states don't allow a misdemeanor warrant to be served after 10pm. Especially not at 1:30am and certainly not with 8 officers.

They also obviously had no search warrant. They could have left the officers out there all god damn night and they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. They could not legally enter unless invited in.

Their police chief sounds like a sad sack of shit too saying he didn't hear any physical threats made on the tape. His officers were just having an "adrenaline rush" so they didn't really mean it when they threatened to taze anyone.
                            In many states in the US, if the cops have an arrest warrant, they can serve it on you at your home. They don't need a search warrant to enter the house, though they cannot search the house. However, that is NEVER done for petty civil offenses. It's too much manpower and time taken away from dealing with violent crime. Typically, they just wait until the person gets pulled over on a traffic stop, and then they are arrested.

However, the fact the cops had the address wrong DOES mean the family was within their rights to refuse entry into the home. Both arrest and search warrants have to be correct in their factual information, or they are null and void.

Normally, I'm skeptical of edited video. But the editing didn't seem to cut anything out, and the family used no profanity and cooperated once the cops were inside, while the cops threatened physical violence and subjected the family to a profanity filled lecture.

I see a federal civil rights action against the DeKalb Co SO in the very near future.

And cops wonder why black people don't trust the police. Here's proof positive as to why.
                            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

You should see how many tickets we sometimes have to return to the courts because the address is wrong on the certified/postcard/or address search.

I had one guy who we kept sending them back on again and again, till finally the family wrote over one if the "warrant issued for your arrest" cards that the person they were looking for was already incarcerated in prison in the same state and had been for over a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X