Cops raid an organic farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
    So because some cops will execute a "no-knock" warrant in plain clothes, people have no right to defend themselves if armed men break into their home in the middle of the night? Do citizens not have the right to shoot at what they honestly believe is a burglar?
    Of course she does. But that's not even relevant. The point I'm trying to make is, it shouldn't shock anyone that someone who shoots at cops, regardless of whether the circumstances, will most likely get shot back.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      Of course she does. But that's not even relevant. The point I'm trying to make is, it shouldn't shock anyone that someone who shoots at cops, regardless of whether the circumstances, will most likely get shot back.
      Hello! Plain-clothes! There's no evidence that she KNEW that they were cops, and evidence that she probably didn't.

"Don't shoot at cops" is probably something in the neighborhood of wisdom, but "don't shoot at plainclothes police" is just asinine.

Comment

Yes. I expect, if I shoot at police officers, I'll be shot back. Honestly, I expect if I shoot at anyone carrying a gun, they'll probably shoot back. You could say the same thing about gang bangers.

Would your reaction be the same if they broke down the door and tried to rob her instead?
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

it IS relevant. She got up, found people in her house who appeared to be burglars, and shot at them. The burglars turned out to be police. She got shot. Legally, that is on the police, not on her, because she was acting in self-defense. If they were uniformed police, or made a genuine effort to identify themselves as police, then it'd be on her. (Basically, It's not really fair to apply laws on shooting the police when you have no reason to know they are police officers)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
            Yes. I expect, if I shoot at police officers, I'll be shot back. Honestly, I expect if I shoot at anyone carrying a gun, they'll probably shoot back. You could say the same thing about gang bangers.

Would your reaction be the same if they broke down the door and tried to rob her instead?
            Yes. I'm of the opinion that when you shoot at three armed men, regardless of their position in society, they are likely to shoot back.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Yes. I'm of the opinion that when you shoot at three armed men, regardless of their position in society, they are likely to shoot back.
              I love how full of uninformed bias this statement is.

"three" - Only two came in the front, and not necessarily together.
              "armed" - This isn't something you can possibly know about a person breaking down your front door.
              "men" - Probable, but also not known.

You're reacting from a position of knowledge and awareness. Plus, you have training that was never made available to a woman of her age and station, so your own likely reactions are utterly beside the point.

It's perfectly normal and reasonable to expect an older woman in a bad neighborhood to shoot first and ask questions later when strangers are breaking into her house.

That you could possibly suggest this isn't the correct response is baffling.
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sucks they got the wrong place, but when you shoot at cops, getting shot to death shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
                Is is not about being a surprise, it is about the fact of who was at fault. In this case, the police.

Comment

Plain clothes no knock raids are lunacy. There should be a legal requirement of uniformed officers, badges shown as proof, and marked vehicles, be they patrol cars or SWAT trucks.

Anything less opens the door to thugs simply shouting "Police, open up!" to get compliance.
                  Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                  Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Bingo!

If you're not in uniform and you don't shout who you are so loud that every neighbor on the block can testify that it was declared, then you're nothing more than a group of thugs intent on mayhem.
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X