Hannah Anderson Kidnapping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O/T
    I've been to the Bol Weevil where they had her dinner/benefit. I miss that restaurant.
    Yummm.

Every time there's a crime in Easy County I always wonder if it's connected to someone I've met before. There are some weirdos out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
      Or maybe the report of the DNA kit in her car is incorrect.
      No, here is the search warrant affidavit of all collected evidence. Including Hannah's letters to DiMaggio, used condoms, a handcuff box and other oddities. But the kit was specifically found in the mother's car.

Something to set them off? Yes. Something that makes sense to you, me, or any other rational person? Not necessarily.
      You're working off of the assumption DiMaggio was a raging psychopath. There is nothing in his history to indicate this and he seems to have operated just fine in modern society for 16 years without incident. Thus, I ask again, what happened here?

The police have not released any details about why they suspect torture so we can't surmise as to the severity or duration and the time frame in question is small. Hence, I raised the possibility of a rage or crime of passion scenario set off by something. DiMaggio had a gun but he did not shoot anyone except the dog. The mother was killed by a strike to the head by a crowbar. There are no details as to how the brother died as the body was badly burned.

Authorities have also not publically discussed or released any details about DiMaggio's motive yet

I have not heard any reports detailing these things. Can you link the article(s) that do? I am not challenging your validity, mind you....just haven't heard this before.
      Sorry, didn't link anything because I was reading a bunch of different articles on this to try and drudge up details plus Hannah has taken some of it down. The timeline as I understand it goes like this and this is all according to Hannah who took to social media and disclosed several details. Both on Facebook ( Which has seen been disabled ) and during an interview on ask.fm ( Where again she has since taken her account down ). The Facebook posts were part of the reason DiMaggio's family are seeking a paternity test.

So this is Hannah's version of events:

This all occurred at DiMaggio's cabin after he invited the mother, brother and Hannah for a visit. DiMaggio was having financial trouble and could not keep the cabin so this was a moral support / last hurrah visit to the cabin for them all.

At some point, things went ape shit for whatever reason. Hannah says DiMaggio lured them into a trap. DiMaggio tied up her mother and brother and put them in the garage. Importantly, Hannah did not seemingly believe their lives were in danger as she was unaware of their deaths and expressed regret in an interview that she did not fight to save their lives.

This conflicts with the police report however, as the brother's body was in the house, not the garage. If torture was occurring, Hannah obviously did not know it. So her location during all of these events is a ? still. She did not witness the torture or the murders, as she did not suspect her mother/brother's lives to be in danger and her last account of seeing them puts the brother in the garage still.

The police have not released any details on Hannah's location, actions or even her witness reports during all of this. Hannah herself has been the one talking about it on social media and interviews. She has not, however, said anything about that either. So whether she was tied up in the car already or what, we don't know yet. Only that she obviously was not close enough to the scene anymore to know what was going on inside the house / garage.

Hannah revealed that the fire was rigged to go off after a certain time. According to police DiMaggio and Hannah were photographed in a car together just after midnight 20 hours before the fire began ( Lending credence to the rigged fire ). If you drudge all the way through the search warrant you'll see the police reported incinerary points in the corners of the garage in the interior. So he must have set up some sort of devices.

According to police, there were 13 calls between DiMaggio and Hannah before this, then both cell phones were turned off after the fire occurred.

She said DiMaggio threatened her with a gun to keep her hiking and was trying to get to "the river". When ask if she was sexually assaulted, she said she was not allowed to talk about it. ( I assume due to case details and the police )

She said that she behaved normally when they ran into fellow hikers ( witnesses stated she did not appear to be under duress when they saw her ) because she did not want DiMaggio to shoot them.

And that's about all we've got so far. The police are keeping the details under wraps still for some reason. Which further suggests there's something more to this. The police have not released any details about motivation, details about the torture or details about Hannah's witness statements, location, etc or even the timeline of events. Hannah, during the ask.fm interview, also seemed to be under some level of police instructed silence about the case.

Furthermore, in the search warrant affidavit, you can see the officers discussing not wanting to release full details to the public yet as they believed it may interfere with the ongoing investigation.

So it really seems like there's more to this puzzle, and it seems like the police know it. The question is: What else do the police suspect happened or is going on here that they're still investigating? Do they suspect an accomplice? Or is there some lurid family secret at the heart of this they aren't ready to divulge yet?

Comment

TV interview now.

That explains the phone calls and letters for the victim blaming crowd. But also reveals he seemed to be a relatively normal family friend. So what the fark happened? >.>

Comment

From the article on the TV interview:
          San Diego police said earlier this week they will not reveal a motive for the double murder and kidnapping because they do not want to make Hannah a victim for a second time.
          There must have been something serious in the motive for it to be made public to have the potential to harm Hannah, now, after he's already dead.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
            There must have been something serious in the motive for it to be made public to have the potential to harm Hannah, now, after he's already dead.
            That can't be good. In other words if he had survived to trial there's something to this that would have been really ugly. If that's the case, good on the police. Though by the same measure, its the police silence + Hannah being very public that's riling up the victim blaming crowd too.

Can't win. -.-

Comment

Working...
            X