Judge sentences a rapist to 31 days in jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge sentences a rapist to 31 days in jail

and then puts his whole leg into his mouth.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/justic...rape-sentence/

According to the article in 2008 a 49 year old male teacher had a sexual relationship with a then 14 year old female student. Administrators found out about and the teacher resigned.

later that year the authorities charged the teacher with 3 counts of sexual intercourse without consent.

a year or 2 later the girl committed suicide possibly from all the publicity from the case.

So far just one of many cases we all have heard about. Now comes the kicker.

Because the girl had died the court decided to put the teacher through a sex offender rehab program. and the teacher did not follow the rules of the program.

In court The procecution wanted 20 years but the Judge gave the teacher 15 years THEN suspended ALL BUT 31 DAYS of the sentence and read into the court record the following statement:

justified the paltry sentence saying she was older than her chronological age

She seemed older than her chronological age," Baugh said. "Basically what we had was a troubled young girl."

teen rape victim shared "control" of situation

CUE the firestorm for victim blaming and calls for the Judge's resignation.

The judge has since apologized for his remarks but not the sentence.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ntana/2722817/
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I saw this on the news earlier today on TV, and it was one of the most half-assed, insincere apologies I've ever heard in my 44 years on this earth. It could be translated as, "What I said bit me in the ass, so I'm going to try and do damage control by offering an apology that I don't actually mean."

Bastard.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I thought the statutory rape laws were pretty cut and dry. I don't think the laws are written as "Well if she looks older than 18, then it's okay". And at 14, the girl was in what 8th or 9th Grade. how many 18 year old 8th or 9th Graders are there anyway?

Comment

I saw this earlier today, and it did not make me angry as many similar stories have. It flat out fucking enraged me.

This was not, after all, some 18 or 21 year old dumb guy who was convinced by the girl that she was older than she was. This was a teacher, who knew she was a student, presumably knew what grade she was in, could reasonably infer from that her age, and also was old enough to know that teachers are not supposed to be having sex with their students when the school they are both affiliated with is high school!

Look, I was sexually involved with a 17 year old girl when I was 21. Say what you will about it. But at the time, in that place, it was perfectly legal (Romeo and Juliet laws), and her father was aware of the situation and didn't have a problem with it, as he liked me. She was technically a minor. But by the law, it was okay. By reality, she was only 4 years my junior. I did not have any position of authority or influence over her, any more than any other guy my age might have. I was not her boss, her teacher, or anything other than her neighbor and fuck buddy. And, because even then I was not a complete moron, that was the last under-18 girl I ever had sex with. (After all, once I was 22, by law, anyone under 18 was off limits to me. Again, Romeo and Juliet laws.)

Have I met girls who looked or acted older than they were? Certainly. Have I almost made some tragic mistakes? Of course. I recall vividly the hot chick I was flirting with when I was 19, assuming she was about my age, only to be pulled aside by a friend and told that she was only 13. At which point, I put the emergency brakes on. And I remember a schoolmate that, at 14, looked as adult as any model (which she was).

But in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, I've made a point to not even toe that line. Have I flirted with girls much younger than me? Yes. The memories of the 20 year old bartender from a few years ago still makes me smile. Have I been involved with girls much younger than me? Yes. I happily remember the one night stand with the 21 year old, whose wedding I had attended only a few years beforehand. But these women, while much younger than me at the time, were still ADULTS. And I KNEW it.

This guy blatantly used his position to seduce this girl, who even under the most lenient Romeo and Juliet laws would have been considered illegal for him. According to the law, he raped her, regardless of her consent in the matter. She was 14. He was 49. You don't have to be Danica McKellar to do the math.

The teacher is scum.

The judge is scum.

Fuck them both.

I hope they both meet a violent, painful, and messy end. Soon.
        Last edited by Jester; 09-07-2013, 04:04 AM.

Comment

The prosecution is really trying hard to appeal the "sentence"

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pr...-rape-sentence
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Jester, you hit the nail on the head when you talked about the control issue.

Children cannot make informed consent. Adults in supervisory roles have a power dynamic over children; having sex with students is an abuse of that power dynamic.

I loathe how that judge excused his sentence; he essentially blamed the victim.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

And now it seems, from recent reports, that the judge in the center of this whole shit storm is backpedaling like an All-Star center fielder. He has now come out and said that he may have misinterpreted the law, and that the sentence he handed down was actually illegal, as there is a 2 year minimum sentence on stuff like this. And he scheduled a hearing to reimpose sentence, but the Montana Supreme Court said he could do no such thing, as he did not have the legal authority to reconsider his own decision, and that the case would have to go through the normal appeals process. In short, they gave him a big "fuck off," letting him kne that they wouldn't let him back out of his own mistake.

Great, Your Honor. Just great. You figure out the minimum sentencing guidelines for a crime AFTER you sentence the guy, and AFTER you say the girl was much older than her years, basically excusing the rape and the teacher's actions, and putting much of the onus of the crime on the girl herself.

But hey, you admit it, what you said may have been a bad judgment call. But it's alright, Judge. It's not as if the rape and the resulting publicity resulted in anything tragic, like the girl killing herself or anything.

Oh, wait.....

Whoops.

Yellowstone District Court Judge G. Todd Baugh, go fuck yourself.

Comment

Dude was released the other day. Nauseating.

Comment

Working...
                X