Mother released on bail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother released on bail

after spending 24 years on Arizona's death row following her 1990 conviction for the shooting death of her 4 year old son.

An Appeals judge called into question her "alledged confession" (undocumented by a cop who has since been found to have lied about as often as the sun rises and the woman denies she made said undocumented confession). The article does NOT mention any other corroborating or forensic evidence against her.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...trial#comments

Most of the other articles and support websites I found mention that there was NO other real hard evidence against her .
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

How she got convicted without confessing in court or actually getting proven guilty in court is beyond me.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

From OP's link. Bolds are mine
      The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals tossed out Milke's 1990 conviction and death sentence in March, finding that prosecutors failed to turn over evidence of extensive misconduct by the lead Phoenix police detective in the case.

Milke, 49, left the Maricopa County jail after posting bail of which was paid by her terminally ill mother, who lives in Germany, where Milke was born.
      At first, I was like "I'm not surprised in the slightest."

Then I remember that Sheriff Joe was elected in 1992, so this couldn't have been his cronies at work.
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
        From OP's link. Bolds are mine

At first, I was like "I'm not surprised in the slightest."

Then I remember that Sheriff Joe was elected in 1992, so this couldn't have been his cronies at work.
        Someone like him doesn't just burst onto the scene fully corrupt. The systematic corruption would already have been in place.

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
          Someone like him doesn't just burst onto the scene fully corrupt. The systematic corruption would already have been in place.
          He was in the Army before becoming a cop in Washington DC. He then spent about 30 years in the DEA before retiring and running for sheriff in Maricopa County. There's no telling where his corruption started.
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
            How she got convicted without confessing in court or actually getting proven guilty in court is beyond me.
            Courts and juries generally take cops at their word; if they say it, it must be true.

For most cops, that's a good assumption. The vast majority of cops are honest and professional.

This guy was known not to be. The prosecutor should have been sanctioned for hiding this from the defense, and the SO should have fired him for his previous transgressions. A dishonest cop is useless on the stand. This case never should have gotten as far as it did; the prosecutor, once finding out about this detective, should have dropped this case like a hot brick.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

And this is another sterling example of why we shouldn't have a death penalty at all.
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                And this is another sterling example of why we shouldn't have a death penalty at all.
                I 100% agree with this statement.
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
                X