Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor gets no jail time for rape

Despite 8 more boys coming forward

A youth pastor was charged with having sex with four underaged boys. He admitted to it, stating that he did it to "rape the gay away".

The judge suspended his sentence of 17 years to sex offender therapy and probation.

Even the pastor's own WIFE is protesting this.

Excuse me while I try to understand why this is happening...
    I has a blog!

Damn stupid judges. When are they going to learn that sexual predators DO NOT GET BETTER!
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
      "rape the gay away".
      This makes me SOUL hurt.

Like everything else about this make me horribly sad and sick feeling, but that phrase is going to haunt me for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        Damn stupid judges. When are they going to learn that sexual predators DO NOT GET BETTER!
        Actually, the recidivism rate for sexual offenders is pretty low. Link

Depending on the crime, it can be below 5%, and for the most part it's below 15%.

It's just that the nature of the crime, *any* subsequent offence after release from prison is guaranteed newsworthy.

That said - suspending a 17 year sentence is fucking retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post

Depending on the crime, it can be below 5%, and for the most part it's below 15%.

It's just that the nature of the crime, *any* subsequent offence after release from prison is guaranteed newsworthy.

Considering that that 5% is 4 times more likely to commit a sexual offense than any other offenders it's still a large number. Especially disconcerting is the fact that on average after receiving an eight year sentence they are only serving 3 1/2. Not arguing that the number isn't low, just that it isn't low enough, especially considering the nature of the crime. Both the Australian study and American also point out that those numbers are only from cases that have actually been convicted. Given the theory that most of these crimes are not reported the number is probably much higher.

To have a judge just push to the side any prison time is just sickening.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=1136

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post

As per your own article, they can be as high as 70%.

Considering this is the act of a pedophile, the rates are around 20%: not a good statistic.

And the statistics assume the perpetrator gets caught.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
            X