X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC steals $20 from blind man, employee steps in to help

http://consumerist.com/2013/09/19/da...eems-humanity/

Summary:

Blind man at Dairy Queen dropped a $20 bill while paying for his order. Woman SC picked it up. Employee told woman to give it back to the blind man. Woman said SHE had dropped the 20 and she wasn't going to give it back. Employee tells woman to give the money back or he won't serve her. Woman still refuses and leaves, with the $20. Employee then apologizes to blind man and gives him $20 out of his own pocket to make up for what the woman stole.

Should call the cops seeing as it was clear theft. And since he's a manager, it's not like there would have been anyone to give him crap for it.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      Should call the cops seeing as it was clear theft. And since he's a manager, it's not like there would have been anyone to give him crap for it.
      This. I'd have called the cops on the spot and reported her for theft. She may not have picked the guy's pocket, but she knew it wasn't her money and she knew who it belonged to.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sadly I've seen similar happenings more than once, although never with a $20. Someone pulls their wallet or phone or card out of their pocket, and a couple small bills fall to the ground. Immediately someone swoops it up and keeps walking. Shouting after the person does nothing, because they've already quickly left the store. This situation was different in that the woman was ballsy enough to lie and stick around. All I can say is Karma will come back to haunt her eventually.

Comment

I can't believe someone would do that. I've picked up money someone else has dropped before, but I always give it to the person who dropped it. ( in other words, I'm helping them pick it up)

Comment

Stealing from a blind person...how low can you go?!

A big to that manager and a trip through Karma Chipper for that wicked thief!
            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

A few weeks ago I found a tenner on the floor at a supermarket checkout, it was at the vacant other side, so might have been there a while, I picked it up and asked the woman infront of me if she had dropped it, she had not as she way yet to get her card out of her purse.
              I then asked if she wanted it, she declined saying finders keepers.

Comment

Sometimes I'd wish that playing through Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar would be part of a school's curriculum.

"Take not the gold of others found in the towns and castles for yours it is not!"
                "Cheat not the merchants and peddlers for tis an evil thing to do!"
                "A dishonest life brings unto thee temporary gain, but forsakes the permanent."
                "To take the gold of others is injustice not soon forgotten. Take only thy due!"
                "Those who inflict injustice upon others, cannot expect fair treatment unto themselves."
                "Take not the gold of others for this shall bring dishonor upon thee!"
                "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

A couple weeks ago, I was taking the Soo Locks Boat tour and saw a lens cap on the ground. I picked it up not knowing who it belonged to. A little later, I saw a guy with a Nikon camera and asked if it was his, since he was near the area where the lens cap was dropped. He said it was and thanked me. I know how much those bad boys can cost having lost two of them to the Huron River...

Comment

Semi related from Not Always Right.

Comment

I once found an envelope in a store that contained about £500. I suppose, following this woman's example, I should have kept it. Instead, I handed it in to the manager of the store.

The next time I was in the store, the manager told me that a very worried woman had come in the same day, begging to know if someone had handed in her rent money which she had dropped in the store. She practically burst into tears on the spot when told that someone had.

Sorry, bitch who stole blind man's money, but some of us prefer to do the good thing and not take which doesn't belong to us.
                      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                      X