Former Disney child star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Disney child star

gets critizied for working in a NY restaurant. And this also combines in the low respect level that such jobs have.

His original blog post.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...secure-2013269

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_4002260.html
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

He sounds pretty together. I don't see what the big deal is, work in a restaurant on the way up, work in one on the way down is traditional - at least he isn't living in his car. And taking time off to go to school is also traditional for some child stars - look how many have degrees in something now [and Robocop is now an adjunct professor..., and the Terminator was a politician, another traditional job for actors]

Comment

Good for him. It sounds like he's still well set with the money he's already earned and he's using a job to support his hobbies (in this case...video games) without tapping into that money.

AND he's getting an idea what it's like to be a regular person meeting regular people.

I see nothing wrong with that. Frankly I think it's a good thing.

What I do hate is all the people who automatically assume that he's "in the skids" or other inadequately researched assumptions.
      “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

He sounds incredibly intelligent.

Good for him for making a point of having something on his resume beyond Child Actor.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I see stuff about the Sprouse brothers every once in a while. They always come off as pretty intelligent.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I applaud him for getting a job like waiter to pay for his hobbies. He sounds like he's got his head on straight.

Comment

Everyone should have to work in the customer service industry at least once just to learn empathy and how to respect other people. I don't mean towards the customers either.

You can judge the true nature of a person by how they treat the wait staff. -.-

Comment

Dylan seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He's right that child stars don't tend to fare well after their show is over. There are a few exceptions, but most go broke or have other problems.

Going to school, and then thinking about getting back into acting later could work well for him. He might escape typecasting that way, and if not he'll have a degree to back up another career.

He sounds pretty smart to me.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

He might even go for a degree that'll get him into another area of TV/film. After all, didn't that kid from the Andy Griffith Show wind up as a director?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                    He might even go for a degree that'll get him into another area of TV/film. After all, didn't that kid from the Andy Griffith Show wind up as a director?
                    Ron Howard. And his work as a director is far superior to his work as an actor (though to be fair, it was good for the day).
                    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                      Ron Howard. And his work as a director is far superior to his work as an actor (though to be fair, it was good for the day).
                      I was being facetious - I knew that he was the one. In fact, he had started directing during the run of Happy Days (didn't direct on the show), and one episode alluded to it. Ritchie had been absent for a while (in the Army in Greenland), and when he came back to visit family (he had married Lori Beth by this point), he said that when he got out of the Army he wanted to go to Hollywood to be a director.

Comment

Wow, so Dylan Sprouse decides to get a job so he can meet people and also have some spending money, and people are giving him flack? What the hell? It's good to know that he is financially secure, but even if he was hosting to pay tuition; what is wrong with that? It really does show how much contempt people have for those in the retail and service industry. Happy to hear he's got a good head on his shoulders, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X