X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Street-Smart" boy flies to Las Vegas alone

Link here:
    http://gma.yahoo.com/street-smart-bo...opstories.html

What I don't get is this: If an adult tries this stunt, he's either an idiot, a scammer or despondent at best, and a terrorist at worst, but if a kid tries this, he's "street-smart"?

Is this because of his young age?

This was on this mornings WTFIWWY (well it was 4:30 in the morning for me) their article had the TSA blaming the government closure for the lapse, at first I thought the TSA were suspended and airports were acting like they did in the late 90's, nope TSA still copping the feels, just blaming the government.

Comment

His young age DOES matter, since a 9 year old might well not realize that you have to pay to fly in a plane. someone who is older is more likely to be willfully ignoring the need to buy a ticket.

Comment

Yes, but he's 'street-smart', which makes me think of the Artful Dodger in Oliver Twist.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          His young age DOES matter, since a 9 year old might well not realize that you have to pay to fly in a plane. someone who is older is more likely to be willfully ignoring the need to buy a ticket.
          If he's smart enough to get through multiple security checkpoints without be accompanied by an adult and sneak onto a plane, he's smart enough to know you have to pay to fly.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

This was the plot of home alone 2.

Kevin meet your match.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
              This was the plot of home alone 2.

Kevin meet your match.
              When I first heard about this my first thought was "Home alone 5: Las Vegas or bust?"

Comment

To be honest I'm surprise they haven't attempted a new sequel where Kevin is grown up and a kid of his goes through the same shenanigans. You'd think it'd be (too?) obvious!
                "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  If he's smart enough to get through multiple security checkpoints without be accompanied by an adult and sneak onto a plane, he's smart enough to know you have to pay to fly.
                  Exactly. I mean the kid is described as stealing luggage and doing a dine and dash in the airport restaurant. The kid knew exactly what he was doing. Unless someone wants to argue that nine year olds don't know you need to pay for food, either.

Comment

This is why I ask why we're calling him "street-smart" when he's doing something that he's not supposed to do. It's as though we're complimenting him and encouraging him to do MORE of his shenanigans!

Just dump the "street-smart" label already!

Comment

Working...
                    X