Not that we needed more reasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that we needed more reasons...

But here's another why the government shutdown blows.

This cancer patient's treatment is on hold because of the government shutdown.

Basically, the patient, Michelle Langbehn, has sarcoma. Her chemotherapy hasn't worked, so her doctor was enrolling her in trials with NIH. Who now can't take new patients because of the shutdown.

This is just so stupid!!

Not that I'm sure it'll really help, she does have a petition up to try to stop the shutdown: http://www.change.org/petitions/help...share_petition
    I has a blog!

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
    Not that I'm sure it'll really help, she does have a petition up to try to stop the shutdown: http://www.change.org/petitions/help...share_petition
    It won't-the GOP changed the rules, ONLY BOHNER can vote to end the shutdown.
    (still think it's not the GOP holding america hostage?-the change was pushed through on october 1st, by the GOP)

Linky
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

The petition won't help. There were stories of similar situations with kids with cancer and it didn't do any good at all.

Our fabulous GOP is determined to see the country crash and burn just to get its own way.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        The petition won't help. There were stories of similar situations with kids with cancer and it didn't do any good at all.

Our fabulous GOP is determined to see the country crash and burn just to get its own way.
        Pretty much.

I'm reminded of a meme that was sent to me the other day via FB that read:

Before you accuse a woman of overreacting, just remember a bunch of men shut down the US Government because they weren't getting their way.
        If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Working...
        X