14 Year Old Raped, Town Burns Down House for Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    No but it doesn't help having any kind of a criminal record.
    But she and the other girl already admitted to drinking; the article repeatedly mentions alcohol consumption, her last memory is of being handed a glass of clear liquid, and her blood alcohol was 0.14. So, what would the point be of taking the fifth here?
    "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
    "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
      But she and the other girl already admitted to drinking; the article repeatedly mentions alcohol consumption, her last memory is of being handed a glass of clear liquid, and her blood alcohol was 0.14. So, what would the point be of taking the fifth here?
      Not wanting to self-incriminate herself?
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by hinakiba777 View Post
        This is an interview with a journalist talking to a criminal defense lawyer, getting his opinion about the case. The best part is around the one minute mark where the lawyer says "I'm not saying she deserved to be raped but..." I feel like that says a lot of about case.
        I saw that scumbag on youtube. The youngturks did a reaction video and tore him a new one. Usually when someone says "I'm not saying such and such...", they're trying to find someway to say so without sounding like a complete douche (which the lawyer failed).

I also read comments on another site (Glenn Beck's news site theblaze) and some of them are rage inducing, one even saying that he hoped the girls "learned their lesson". Yeah... what a douche.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          Not wanting to self-incriminate herself?
          But they already incriminated themselves; they even admitted to drinking at home, in Daisy's(?) bedroom!

Not to mention that the blood alcohol level is a solid bit of evidence that some form of alcohol consumption took place. Everybody knows they've been drinking, and no attempts at denying that are mentioned anywhere in the article. What good would taking the fifth do them, then? When the consequence might be that the whole case goes in the crapper?
          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

can I just point out that is isn't entirely clear that they actually did plead the fifth? besides, there was a taped and signed confession.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
              can I just point out that is isn't entirely clear that they actually did plead the fifth? besides, there was a taped and signed confession.
              Hey! None of that injecting sanity into an internet discussion! We don't tolerate that sort of thing around here.

Comment

There's been some updates to this story.

Fair warning, this is both depressing and rage inducing.

The town is continuing to harass the family. And some of the girls "friends" have made some mean spirited comments because she had the audacity to want to move on and attend a party like a normal high school student would. And that's not even getting into the anonymous A holes and B tards who make unfunny memes at the expense of their victims (like what happened with Amanda Todd).

Sinbad's character said it best "This is a sick world we're living in, sick people!".

Comment

Working...
                X