Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This ad was "poor taste" (warning: autoplay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ad was "poor taste" (warning: autoplay)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226741236599

So a bra store in Adelaide made up this really funny ad, but it got pulled. Why? Because apparently it was in "Poor taste"

I really fail to see how this one is in poor taste, compared to say, a stripper pole dancing to advertise a Portugese chicken brand (and no, that ad wasn't pulled despite millions of complaints).

While the Advertising Standards Bureau have gotten a little bit better, this one is just.....WHY?????

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
    this really funny ad
    I feel like there must be some cultural difference I'm not aware of because I honestly didn't get the commercial at all.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

To me this is selling the idea of queue jumping at the mechanics more than a well fitting bra.

Comment

The question, "Can you fit me?" is an innuendo, thanks to what's NOT said, as much as what's said.

Comment

I suspect the commercial is about the fact that what you've got on under your clothes can affect how you feel about how you face the world.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think it's more about attractive woman in skimpy clothing sells skimpy clothing.

Also, boobs.

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Well, of course, boobs. Tiny ones at that. In a bra that, ironically, doesn't quite fit right or is otherwise not seated properly so looks like it doesn't fit right.

This "controversy" is probably the best thing that could have happened. The ad is pretty tame by all standards, but thousands who would never have seen the ad now have.
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                I think it's more about attractive woman in skimpy clothing sells skimpy clothing.

Also, boobs.

Rapscallion
                Attractive women in skimpy clothing sell pretty much everything, which makes it puzzling that there would be any special fuss over this instance. Unless, of course, the fuss is deliberately manufactured.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I think the joke is that she is asking for a tire fitting for her car, or asking if they can fit her in for automotive repair.

I honestly don't think it's that bad of an ad. I'm sure i've seen worse. I mean depending the time of day the plan to air it, I don't see the issue.

Especially considering fineheart's comments about the stripper chicken ad not being pulled

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                    Unless, of course, the fuss is deliberately manufactured.
                    This was the first thing I thought. What better way to increase brand awareness than to create a 'controversial' ad, and have people complain about it to have it removed. Everyone would want to see the ad to see what all the fuss was about.

Comment

Working...
                    X