Here they go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here they go again...

A couple of conspiracy theories about One World Trade Center. Apparently, the large communications tower is a "Muslim Minaret". Seriously, who comes up with this crap?

Goddamn it! Warn us when linking conspiracy nutcase websites. That one hurt the brain.

Comment

oh for the love of... do these people know what a minaret actually is? it's a tower on a mosque that is used for the call to prayer. Mainly because it needed to be heard across the entire town, usually. There is no mosque, so it cannot be a minaret. Does it bear a resemblance to some minarets? marginally. In that it has what is either balconies or staircases up the side and a pointed roof.

Comment

My mum always called one of the towers at Strangeways a Minaret, she knew she was wrong and only said it in jest as Strangeways is a prison in Manchester, the tower in question just happened to look like one.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
          oh for the love of... do these people know what a minaret actually is? it's a tower on a mosque that is used for the call to prayer. Mainly because it needed to be heard across the entire town, usually. There is no mosque, so it cannot be a minaret. Does it bear a resemblance to some minarets? marginally. In that it has what is either balconies or staircases up the side and a pointed roof.
          Although I have a feeling that the argument at hand is *puts on thick redneck accent* "well those gosh-dang Musleeems can pray anywheres"

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
            A couple of conspiracy theories about One World Trade Center. Apparently, the large communications tower is a "Muslim Minaret". Seriously, who comes up with this crap?
            Probably the same people who saw a *gasp* Muslim foot bath in Tennessee's state capital building.

Turns out it was a sink for the building's custodians to use when doing their job, i.e. filling buckets and rinsing out mops.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
              Although I have a feeling that the argument at hand is *puts on thick redneck accent* "well those gosh-dang Musleeems can pray anywheres"
              and the counterargument to that is of course " so can christians. I don't see you objecting to a new church being built"

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                Goddamn it! Warn us when linking conspiracy nutcase websites. That one hurt the brain.
                Amen. I need an aspirin after reading that one.

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                Actually, what I saw were satellite dishes.

Originally posted by Pixilated View Post
                Probably the same people who saw a *gasp* Muslim foot bath in Tennessee's state capital building.

Turns out it was a sink for the building's custodians to use when doing their job, i.e. filling buckets and rinsing out mops.
                Ouch. Ditto in regards to the link; a bit on the over ultra lib end . . . though in this case they have a point. How anyone could regard this thing as a foot bath is beyond me. Someone's just looking to pick a fight.
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Anyone who can't recognize a mop sink needs to be put in a job where they use one regularly.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

That was my first thought when I originally read the story ... these were obviously people who've never done any of their own cleaning ...

Comment

Ah!! The crazy, it BURNS!!!

Seriously, why does everything have to be some massive conspiracy to these people? Government abuse of power is scary enough on it's own without some behind the scenes masterminds. I think these people watch too much TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X