Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you saw a -VERY WHITE- person walking down the street?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you saw a -VERY WHITE- person walking down the street?

Ok, some basic background before I start explaining:

-- I don't mean White as in a race.
    -- This is NOT a racial issue.
    -- For the sake of this thread (and for lack of better words), the words I am gonna use to describe the race (if I even do), are by their biological equivalents.

*Caucasoid
    *Mongoloid
    *Negroid*
    ---- none of which I will use

This is something I've never told anyone here, because, it doesn't really matter to me, but the conversion came up between us (me an the girl) last night, and she is genuinely curious as to what people's reactions are.

Ok, my girlfriend, is an albino.

For those that don't know what an albino looks like, here:

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI...9R-1082686.jpg

That's a pretty good representation.

Well, she has a pretty, acute form of it (which is a word that I barely know to pronounce, and I'm not gonna look up to spell correctly lol). Usually in a human albino, you'll see natural pigment come through here and there. Not with her. She has none, which means she is WHITE.

Now, this would get enough stares in and of itself. However, she tends to exaggerate her natural features. with make-up (which make up is suppose to do), She exaggerates her white skin (using white colored blushes instead of red). She dies her hair black, which is naturally a silvery-white (Well Mostly black, it has some dark purple highlights) She wears dark make-up, she was bold colored clothes (Blacks; red, purples), and she has prescription contact lenses that make her eyes look purple rather than the generic pink/rec colored eyes that albinos have.

Now, I personally think it's hot as hell. I think it makes her look like a gothed-out porcelain doll. (Which I at times I call her my doll).

My question is this:

If you saw the above person walking down the street, and she OBVIOUSLY wasn't completely covered in costume make-up... what would you think?
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 01-03-2009, 04:24 PM.

Originally posted by Lingering Grin View Post
    -- For the sake of this thread (and for lack of better words), the words I am gonna use to describe the race (if I even do), are by their biological equivalents.

*Caucasoid
    *Mongoloid
    *Negroid*
    ---- none of which I will use
    I have no idea what any of those words are doing in this thread.

If you saw the above person walking down the street, and she OBVIOUSLY wasn't completely covered in costume make-up... what would you think?
    "Wow, that albino woman is wearing an obnoxious amount of make-up."

Comment

*shrugs* It probably wouldn't phase me, being on the paler side (but not albino) myself. Unless I knew the details behind her and found out she was committing the crime of dying naturally white/silver hair
      Last edited by LadyBarbossa; 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM.
      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I wouldn't do anything. Just keep on walking like she was any one of the other couple hundred thousand people in this town.

Comment

I'ld gawk for .75 seconds, memorize the scene to tell my lifemate about later, and then move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lingering Grin View Post
            Wait what? That's a guy...

Seriously, though, an albino person would get no longer a glance than anyone else. Unless, she's hot and dressed kinda sexy, then there might be a longer glance.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What would I think? Probably something like, "Huh. An albino person." Then I'd probably forget about it. My mind is usually occupied by thoughts of family, friends, work, and the human race's slow march towards annihilation.

Most people really don't care what some random stranger on the street looks like. A favourite saying of mine is "You wouldn't worry so much about what other people think of you if you knew how seldom they did."

It sounds like your girlfriend has embraced her condition and is playing it up for shock value. I'm glad she has fun with her appearance and that you find it sexy.

Comment

I'd probably look, especially since she's decided to make it so people see her, but other than that would go on my merry way. There was an albino I'd see on the MAX now and again when I was taking classes at Portland State.
                Why, what are people in reality doing?

Comment

Firstly - I'd say that 'pretty good representation' looks a bit butch for your girlfriend, but hey... if that's what you like... (with the goatee and all...).

From your description, I'd probably keep my eye on her - she sounds hot

As for thoughts.. ummmm....... welll - there'd have to be "What the hell has she done to her hair...silver would have looked great!". Then probably "I wonder if she's got a boyfriend".

But as for what your after - yeah, I'd probably think "Oooh - an albino, I've never seen one on RL before...". And that's about it!
                  ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I'm kinda guessing that the OP's G/F gets stared at quite a lot. People who are different, but not the 'usual' different (like race, weight etc) do get stared at and comments are made.
                    The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

I would honestly, think, damn she is hot. But then I would just keep walking.

Comment

Nothing, really. Family friend I consider a brother is an albino. (and I had several customers who were albinos at Kinkos. )

Here's a cute cartoon of him on our group's SCA site: http://64.71.51.112/paintedwheel_com/members/vosh.html

I'm pretty much over thinking anything about it at all, actually. Since they are rare, I guess it's kinda weird that I know more than one, but then, I know a lot of people.

When I was growing up, a little girl I used to play with I think was at least partially albino, thinking back on it (there are different types of albino...my "brother" is a type 2). This girl was Cherokee, but her skin was a pale, pale pinkish color, her hair was a bright, odd yellow, and her eyes were blue. She had horrible vision. She was colored similarly to african-american "golden" people. Which is what happens when black people have albinism.

Comment

Assuming I even notice said person, probably think to myself "Wow, and I thought I needed to get out more", snicker to myself and move on. But that's not really any different to my normal day.

Comment

I would think "neeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat"!

Comment

I would ask Michael for his autograph.

Rapscallion
                              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X