A really disturbing trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really disturbing trend

Now I do not know if these situation are a desperate hope for "15 minutes of internet viral fame" or what OR if people are just being more butt-headed these days

Another server gets a nasty message questioning their sexuality instead of a tip

Dayna Moralis, a former US Marine, has received overwhelming support both inhouse and across the globe

here is the really NICE kicker:

The restaurant where she works compensated her for the lost tip money right away, and has vowed to match the amount she donates to charity.

"We're a family here," general manager Byron Lapola told TODAY.com. "It's the most outlandish thing I've ever heard in my entire life. There's no reason for anything like that to happen."
    I just do not get it. Are people looking for their 15 minutes of fame (and all of the internet crap that now goes along with it) or are people just more willing to be "out there"???????
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I don't think it has anything to do fame. Some people are just a walking discharge of unending cunt fudge.

Also, bravo for pissing off a Marine at that.

Comment

Some people just have to explain why they're being dicks. They know they're being dicks when they stiff a server. Justifying it makes it "ok" in their eyes.

Except that it isn't.

Wow, that was a big tab. For good service, she should have gotten a nearly $20 tip (I would have rounded up and tipped that much for good service on a tab that large).
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Once one instance like this gets publicity, at least three things happen:

1) People who don't want to tip anyway now have an excuse to use.

2) People who previously would have tipped, but who object to whatever characteristic they believe their server to have, now have been given an idea how to preach on the subject without making a scene on the spot.

3) People who want attention (or free stuff) may deliberately fake it, for example by taking a receipt with no tip and enough blank space and adding the note.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

This one looks pretty legit. The B on the note is the same shape as the B in the signature, including that little squiggle going from the back to the top loop.

The worst part is that the asshole could have rated her service as high even without leaving a tip, but was too busy preaching.

I hope B's friends give her a good smack upside the head for being an utter tool. But, as it was a family, she probably only associates with like-minded bigots.

The worst part is that the woman did this based on her appearance and nothing more. She just assumed the server was gay because she didn't look feminine enough. Because all women who wear their hair short are dykes, I guess.
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            3) People who want attention (or free stuff) may deliberately fake it, for example by taking a receipt with no tip and enough blank space and adding the note.
            While that does not appear to be the case here, that is a major problem. People who make fake "insult" receipts make it hard for people to the real ones seriously. Honestly, before I read the receipt and the article, I was fully willing to brush this off as another fake.

When people do shit like this it makes me sick, but servers who fake it make everyone a lot less trusting when it does happen. Poor woman though, servers shouldn't have deal with this BS. NO ONE should.

Comment

I agree no one should have to deal with this and the non-tipper was an ass, but posting the receipt with a clear signature is also disturbing. This has gone viral and total strangers are hurling threats at the person who's name is now posted online.

Comment

Wow, you can read a name from that squiggled B? I thought it said Ben, at first.

Honestly, the writing from the rest of the message is far more likely to lead to the writer being identified than the fact that she has 2 children and her name begins with a B.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
                  I agree no one should have to deal with this and the non-tipper was an ass, but posting the receipt with a clear signature is also disturbing. This has gone viral and total strangers are hurling threats at the person who's name is now posted online.
                  How did anyone identify anyone from that signature? Its barely legible and seems to be just a first name. That's no fault of the waitress.

I can't find anything on anyone being id'd and harassed. Got a link?

Comment

To clarify, my comments are aimed more at the trend of posting receipts online and not blacking out personal information, including the signature. My argument is not about whether or not I can read the signature. I can't. Doesn't mean I agree with posting it online.

Another recent receipt example is the Red Lobster story where a waitress claims the customer wrote the N-word on the receipt. Handwriting analysis suggests the waitress wrote it and the customer is now threatening a lawsuit. His name is forever out there and he's received threats. In this example, I can't read the signature aside from the "D", yet the world knows who he is.
                    http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/ra...-analysts-say/

Comment

Originally posted by bainsidhe View Post
                      Another recent receipt example is the Red Lobster story where a waitress claims the customer wrote the N-word on the receipt. Handwriting analysis suggests the waitress wrote it and the customer is now threatening a lawsuit. His name is forever out there and he's received threats. In this example, I can't read the signature aside from the "D", yet the world knows who he is.
                      http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/30/ra...-analysts-say/
                      You don't need to read the signature. His name is typed out all nice and neat right below the Xs for the card number.

The one in the OP here, however, has fudged out all personally identifying information.

Comment

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...233040811.html

The plot thickens. It seems the person who wanted 15 minutes od fame may well have been the server.

Comment

If the wife is left-handed as claimed, and there's no reason to think otherwise, then there's no doubt that the restaurant copy wasn't written by her. The slant on the letters is wrong, but more telling, very few lefties can do a straight line like on the copy without an upturn at the end, which shows on the 5s on the customer copy.

It is confusing, however, as to why the woman didn't fill out the restaurant copy like she did the customer copy. And the signature on the restaurant copy is in the same hand as the note, making me wonder who the hell signed the restaurant copy, and why it wasn't the woman who paid the bill.

And last but not least: How did the restaurant charge for the tip when the restaurant copy, the one that was kept by the restaurant, doesn't show a tip? The copy with the tip listed was taken home by the family. Did a co-worker at the restaurant print a second copy just to be an asshole?

Oh, and here's a link to a news site that doesn't have freaking auto-play adverts before their auto-play video.
                          Article at the Daily Mail

Comment

Andara Bledin, it's not difficult to reprint a receipt. It's also not difficult to trace over a signature. I believe this waitress is running a scam.

I believe she saw what happened in Kansas and decided to manufacture outrage for her own benefit.
                            Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Tracing wouldn't explain the incorrect slant on the signature, nor would it explain the matching writing for both signature and comment.

Also, why would such a person bring up something so easily determined to be false to their manager?

Comment

Working...
                              X