No announcement yet.

Father Arrested For Picking His Kids Up From School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I read the article and watched the video. They wanted the father to sign a paper to allow his kids to walk home unsupervised. He argued that they were not unsupervised, that he was picking them up. He calmly explains all this, school officer gets loud and angry, and eventually tells the father he is being disorderly, and arrests him. The couple are starting up a legal fund, I assume to take on the school district about this policy.

I find this whole thing really stupid. Having the kids wait at school for THIRTY minutes if they want to walk home is far too long. Moreover, the line up of cars of the parents waiting to pick up their kids apparently reaches to the highway, which causes a lot of safety concerns. When I was in school the ONLY people who had to remain at school for longer than ten minutes after school let out were kids who had a late bus (Mine arrived almost an hour and a half after school let out) or kids who's parents were late picking them up. Thirty minutes waiting after school is just totally unfair.

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
    What about the parents who plan a doctors appointment? Do they have to wait for the school to send then from class too?
    This is my question. I mean, I used to take the bus when I was in school, but on special days i had a doctor's appointment or something to that affect, I would be picked up by my dad or I would walk. So in the event you had an optometrist appointment at 2:15 what are you supposed to do?

What if the kids had to leave school early for some reason? What does the school do then?!

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    Something about this story rubs me the wrong way. I feel like this isn't the first confrontation he's had with the police over this.
    I don't know about the police, but if you watch the video, he mentions that he had issues with the school in the past. His daughter, who is special needs, got "bullied" by the vice principal at an after school event and she had to wait an hour and a half crying. She was not permitted to call her father at that time. According to a note at the end of the video.

Comment

Working...
    X