McDonald offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald offers

more "financial tips" for the holidays on their internal resources web site.

http://money.msn.com/investing/post-...ce-for-workers

I love the one tip: "take 2 vacations a year"

Must be inconsequential for an employee to lose that money by actually taking a vacation or a sick day when they do NOT get vacation OR sick pay.

Oh and "QUIT complaining"
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

It would depend on the franchise, but the one I worked for did do paid vacations.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The comments in the article are disheartening and look a quite like a few posters we have in the NJ pay thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        It would depend on the franchise, but the one I worked for did do paid vacations.
        Yea, but that's supposing you could afford to pay for a vacation in the first place during those vacation days.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Take TWO vacations a year? With what money? I mean even if it is a franchise that gives paid vacations, I seriously doubt most of the employees have the extra cash to go anywhere. Especially when this resource is supposed to help with dealing with the end of the year financial crunch.

I think my favorite part was "Sell your belongings on Ebay or Craig's list." I mean, WOW, just WOW.

Comment

I just love how it mentions that you could easily sells your stuff on eBay or Craigslist to make some extra money
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Gotta love some of the commentors.

Originally posted by Jerkass
              Good for McD's. and yes, quit complaining. If you are willing to work and make a wage to better yourself, you should take pride in what you do. Get over yourself and how you should be paid more for making fries or flipping burgers. I did it and was fine with it. Now I am an engineer. I worked a lot of jobs I didn't like but did the job like my life depended on it. BECAUSE IT DID! For those of you who have been raised in this pathetic culture that tells you you are a great and you deserve to get ahead.....IT IS A LIE. The only person that can take you where you want to go is you. NOONE ELSE OWES YOU ANYTHING! Grow up and make the best of what you have and work toward the future you want.
              Reminds me why I despise the far right.

Comment

Don't you know that if you don't want to be poor you just need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps?

And quit complaining that you can't even afford boots, much less the straps.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  Yea, but that's supposing you could afford to pay for a vacation in the first place during those vacation days.
                  A week off can work wonders, though, even if you don't go anywhere. Easy to forget, though, when you have too much time off involuntarily.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

A staycation can do a lot to recharge your batteries.

I take a 'me' day every so often just because I can. If I do that, I don't feel quite so inclined to take a sick day when I'm feeling just drained as opposed to actually sick.
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The site reportedly recommends breaking food into pieces -- a tactic, it says, that "often results in eating less and still feeling full"

Did I miss something? I thought this was America , not Sudan or a slum in the 3rd world. How is it ok to tell this to employees. What's next eating cotton balls to feel fuller for longer or burn your furniture for heat or sell your children into slavery?

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
                        The site reportedly recommends breaking food into pieces -- a tactic, it says, that "often results in eating less and still feeling full"
                        To be fair, this is sound advice from a dietary stance. By breaking food up you eat slower and therefore less as your body triggers the hormones that indicate fullness. We tend to eat too much by eating too fast. It wouldn't be so bad if it were simply paired with ways to a healthier diet, yeah?
                        I has a blog!

Comment

What bugs me is all the smug people in the comments saying "Retail isn't meant to be a life job!" and "Quit and find something better!"

Ever hear of a recession, dickhead? It's just not possible at the moment to quit and find something better if you don't like your job. Also, I bet that these smug people are the same kind who think that anyone who works retail is a kind of low subhuman and yells and screams at workers. I can only hope that karma hits them with a messy divorce, or a redundancy or something that leaches out their money and causes them to have to take a retail job.

Perhaps then they'd realise that a living wage is not a bad thing for a retail job to have. Hell, the government would actually save money if minimum wage equalled a living wage, cuz of all the money on benefits and tax credits they'd save.
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

^

I'm also sick of "they're lucky they have a job lololol". As if they should just sit back and take what ever abuse the public throws at them. They seriously think that those who work in retail don't deserve any better. People like that are fucking assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                              To be fair, this is sound advice from a dietary stance. By breaking food up you eat slower and therefore less as your body triggers the hormones that indicate fullness. We tend to eat too much by eating too fast. It wouldn't be so bad if it were simply paired with ways to a healthier diet, yeah?
                              I know what you mean.If they had said, cut out soda and junk food to save money or eat slower and savor your food it would have sounded better. But the way it's worded sounds more like "shut up , eat your crumbs and be happy about it.". All of the so-called advice is just reeks of elitism.

(I apologize for any mistakes, my brain has English issues in the morning)

Comment

Working...
                              X