Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1 million found inside the airplane lavatory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 million found inside the airplane lavatory!

http://www.yourjewishnews.com/2013/11/n30151.html

Why would anyone want to leave gold behind? I wouldn't!

I've heard of the phrase "shitting bricks" but this takes it to a whole new level.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Why would anyone want to leave gold behind? I wouldn't!
      Most likely, they didn't want to leave it either, but were afraid of being caught with it.

Alternately, perhaps it was supposed to be a transfer, and either the person who was to pick it up didn't get there or the cleaning crew found it first.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that they wished they could find something like that in an airplane bathroom? The few times I've been flying I've been happy just to find the cubby hole with the tp.

Comment

But if you found it, what would you do with it? It would be hard to sell off without attracting attention, and you'd have to worry about both the law and whoever was presumably supposed to have gotten it finding out.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            But if you found it, what would you do with it? It would be hard to sell off without attracting attention, and you'd have to worry about both the law and whoever was presumably supposed to have gotten it finding out.
            Yes and no. If you kept it as is, definitely. However gold is a thief's wet dream. Because gold can be melted down, and any identification goes out the window when that happens. True it is not EASY for a normal person to melt gold, but it is not impossible either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
              Yes and no. If you kept it as is, definitely. However gold is a thief's wet dream. Because gold can be melted down, and any identification goes out the window when that happens. True it is not EASY for a normal person to melt gold, but it is not impossible either.
              Hell, fuck melting it. Heat it up (hell, in the grill might work) and just pound it with mallet until its a lump. Bury it for a day or two, and voila, you "found" gold on your property.

Comment

you may not even need to bother melting it down... it's legally mislaid property, meaning the employee must turn it over to Lost Property. However, after a certain amount of time, the finder becomes entitled to the gold, or the value of the gold.

Comment

In the UK we have the Treasure Trove laws, meaning that any gold and silver found must be handed to the police; I think after an investigation of some kind to ascertain the origin of the shinies, the finder gets a fee equal to the value.

Comment

Working...
                  X