Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Write a negative review and we'll charge you large sums of money to punish you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big titles are vying for top honors in a specific market in which there can only be a few blockbusters, and as such, are competing in a world of grade inflation and one in which some actors have pulled advertising after receiving a bad score.

Since I tend to have zero interest in the vast majority of AAA titles, I can pretty much totally avoid the hype machines, thankfully.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My review would sound something like from the scene from the Incredibles.

I would like to say I never got the item, but I won't. I also won't say the service absolutely sucked.

Comment

Looks like the couple is suing the company for dinging their credit.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...?detail=email2
        --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Good luck ever seeing the money.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I hope that they're able to make a good free speech argument at least.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              Good luck ever seeing the money.
              Whether they do or not, I think the company is done. As they should be.
              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                I hope that they're able to make a good free speech argument at least.
                On a privately-owned (read: non-government) website, Free Speech may not actually apply -- especially **IF** it is determined that the wording of the sales contract constitutes waiving of that right.

Can anyone elaborate on this, please?
                "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
                "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Originally posted by EricKei View Post
                  On a privately-owned (read: non-government) website, Free Speech may not actually apply -- especially **IF** it is determined that the wording of the sales contract constitutes waiving of that right.

Can anyone elaborate on this, please?
                  Simply put, Free Speech only protects you from being punished for speaking out against the government. It does not protect you from a stranger, your friend, or your boss. If it did, people couldn't sue for things like Slander and Libel.
                  Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

there's actually a simpler way of challenging it. It's a Contract of Adhesion, that is, you can't negotiate the terms. That means that the standard for terms being determined Unconscionable is significantly lower.- specifically, if the term is outside the reasonable expectations of the person who did not write the contract, it's unconscionable and therefore unenforceable. Now, a term like this is, as far as I am aware, highly rare. Therefore, it is covered.

Comment

Working...
                    X