A persons word is their bond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    By your logic since I was trapped in a loveless marriage, I should've spent the rest of my life like that? How in the hell is that ok, by anyone's logic? It's what was causing my near suicidal depression. Not finding the person I have now, who loves me, would've eventually killed me.

I don't believe in "black and white" morality, as no two situations are ever, or can ever be the same.
    I may be wrong, but I think he meant the caveat "all things being equal".

I feel the same way as he does (with my expressed caveat).

If I am going to be late, I call. If I say I will do something, I do it. It always amuses me, when someone is surprised when I carry out my promise, other times it annoys me.

I took my marriage vows, seriously. I took my, now ex-wife, with her sickness in mind (in sickness and in health). When it led her to symptomatic behavior, I tried to stick it out and work with her. When it was clear (when she took to adultery), that she wasn't willing to change or even compromise, then I felt I had no choice.

Unfortunately, people like me, need to learn to either accept that most people don't keep their word (intentionally or not), or set clear boundaries to the contrary.

Comment

Working...
    X