so where's the duck style outraeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Even more amusing, is they'll rail about how the Muslims are "trying to implement sharia law in the US." Yet, they have no problem ranting and raving about how God should be in schools, the US is a "Christian nation," etc, etc, etc. Hypocritical, much?
    Hypocritical doesn't begin to describe it. Their views are just as backwards as Sharia Law. They want to control what you do in your bedroom, they want women and homosexuals to be treated as second class citizens, and some even think violence is the solution to the "problem" of people living their lives differently than them. But in their eyes, the Muslim's bow to the wrong God so they need to be treated as of the devil.

Then again, it's probably for the best. Could you imagine what it would be like if Muslim extremists teamed up with the Christian extremists to enforce their backwards views?

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
      *snip* Could you imagine what it would be like if Muslim extremists teamed up with the Christian extremists to enforce their backwards views?
      I smell a sitcom!

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
        I smell a sitcom!
        It's called "Little Mosque on the Prairie." :P

(Or at least the ending of one of the episodes.)
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Hypocritical doesn't begin to describe it. Their views are just as backwards as Sharia Law. They want to control what you do in your bedroom, they want women and homosexuals to be treated as second class citizens, and some even think violence is the solution to the "problem" of people living their lives differently than them. But in their eyes, the Muslim's bow to the wrong God so they need to be treated as of the devil.

Then again, it's probably for the best. Could you imagine what it would be like if Muslim extremists teamed up with the Christian extremists to enforce their backwards views?
          it's especially funny when it's the exact same deity. It's the exact same as the relationship between christians and Jews.

Comment

They want to control what you do in your bedroom, they want women and homosexuals to be treated as second class citizens, and some even think violence is the solution to the "problem" of people living their lives differently than them.
            Honestly, I've felt that brand of "I know better than you" from people of all denominations, faiths, social and political standings. Please keep in mind, the divide isnt Theist/Atheist, Left/Right, or Straight/Gay, but simply Authoritarian/Libertarian (Classical Libereralism if you prefer). There are plenty of straight, right wing Christians who are perfectly cool with someone whos a gay atheist Democrat.

This is just another story to incite public outrage and spur divisionism. If it later came out that the punter in question simply caught wind of his termination, and tried to use his pro-LGBT stance to pressure the administration to keep him for fear of homophobic accusations, I doubt it would make the local paper.

Comment

Working...
            X