Girl suspended for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
    reread what I said. I said it should be treated the same as verbal threats of violence. ( and I wasn't suggesting that suspension is necessarily the right response, either)
    That was not quite as clear in your last post.

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
    no, because " I pray you burn in hell" is usually an insult, not an actual threat. I repeat, if someone threatens someone with something like a spell, then it should be punished if they clearly believe it will work. as for wishing someone luck, that's not am attempt to harm somebody, so you are being ridiculous.
    going back a page and it shows up, but I was only replying to what was written in that not a page or three prior.

Comment

I had never suggested suspension, however. My only reference to what the school did was in my first post in this thread, when |I said that it would be different if it was an actual threat, not the school making up crap. Because an actual threat to a teacher needs some form of punishment. (if the threat is made to the teacher, that is- if it is a joke, then the person making the threat is at least disrupting class- so a warning, or if they keep doing it, send them out of the class. If the threat isn't a joke, then more serious punishments may well be warranted. (I would suggest detention, actually.)

Comment

Working...
      X