No announcement yet.

I don't understand this customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So she's upset because...the store wasnt aware of her child's medical condition...before they even spoke to her? So she expected them to...what...just know they were for medical purposes? I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this woman expected of them...and the only thing I can come up with is she's scamming them.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
      You know, I find this interesting. For me, unless I'm wearing footwear that makes it impossible to, I don't walk heel->toe. Instead I walk in the traditional hunter method of walking on the balls of my foot. It's a much quieter method and I find much more stable. Never really understood why the heel->toe method is considered "proper".
      It is the natural motion of the foot, designed for stability, efficient use of energy, and effective forward motion.

Toe walking takes more energy, tires you out, and can lead to serious foot problems such as foot drop and plantar fasciitis. It can also lead to knee, hip and back pain.

Trust me, I know. I suffer from all these problems from chronic toe walking as a child. It is a common feature of Aspies, and I have it. I actually had to have foot surgery last year because of it.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Well, I don't walk exclusively on the balls of my feet like I'm wearing high heels all the time, I simply land on the ball first then settle on the heel. Essentially instead of rolling the foot forward I roll the foot backwards. The heel is still used and I don't notice much difference beyond being a lot quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
          Well, I don't walk exclusively on the balls of my feet like I'm wearing high heels all the time, I simply land on the ball first then settle on the heel. Essentially instead of rolling the foot forward I roll the foot backwards. The heel is still used and I don't notice much difference beyond being a lot quieter.
          That's the basis of barefoot running. I'd recommend getting shoes of that type to best support your foot.

As an aside, Asics did research and say neither barefoot or heel to toe running is better over the other, but a heel runner loses more efficiency switching than the barefoot runner.
          I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
          X