Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMU students protest Coke's Olympic sponsorship

Article here.

Basically, their protest consists of holding signs, chanting...and pouring Coke on the ground. Didn't these people learn from the recent Chik-Fil-A flap awhile back? I mean, when the negative attention came out about that company...the local restaurants were constantly busy.

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Didn't these people learn from the recent Chik-Fil-A flap awhile back? I mean, when the negative attention came out about that company...the local restaurants were constantly busy.
    For the day, sure. But after that, people went on with their normal lives and didn't purposely choose to eat at Chik-Fil-A because they are anti-gay. Meanwhile, there are people who still won't go to Chik-Fil-A because they are anti-gay. So sure, there was a one day surge but after that business had to have dropped even just a little.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

It amuses me that people are protesting a company by buying it's product...

Considering that they have a statement on their site that notes that they feel they can do more by staying than by sitting on the sidelines, I sincerely doubt that they're going to many any changes at this late date.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What's even funnier is that they are protesting the Russian Government through Coke. The Russian anti-gay laws have nothing to do with the Olympics. I think back to the American boycott of the Moscow Olympics and the subsequent Russian Boycott of the LA Olympics where the only people punished were the athletes.

Comment

Working...
        X