Man Chases 21-Year-Old Man in Hoodie, Kills Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
    (I would, however, extent the Castle Doctrine to place of work, since running out on the job will generally get you disciplined)
    Shooting people at work generally gets you disciplined as well.

Basically the only reason one should defend themselves with lethal force outside of their home is if they are truly cornered and have no place to retreat to. Allowing people to shoot cowboy style in a public place like a mall or public park to defend themselves is dangerous to any bystanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      The problem is morons seem to think this grants them the right to act like cops.
      You know, I was gonna say that if they were acting like cops they wouldn't be shooting people right and left.

I've rethought that given recent history.

But it's clear people in Florida seem to think they can claim pretty much anything and get away with it if the other guy is dead. And the courts are backing up that idea.

Sick. Scary.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        But it's clear people in Florida seem to think they can claim pretty much anything and get away with it if the other guy is dead. And the courts are backing up that idea.
        The problem is that racism is still a huge thing in far too many places, and in a lot it's systemic. The Zimmerman case was only about race in the fact that the police department decided that since it was just some black punk that got shot, they weren't going to bother even charging Zimmerman. He was only acquitted because the prosecution failed to prove manslaughter along with failing to prove murder.

This case might be about racism, or it might be about some other bigotry, or it might just turn out to be some guy with a gun who thinks that he has the right to play cop. Regardless of why he did it, it likely wasn't so much because he thought he could claim SYG and get away with it (seeing as he didn't go there immediately), but it's a wild grab at something, anything, to keep him from getting convicted of murder. I sincerely doubt it'll work.

Much like the guy who tried to use SYG as an excuse to murder his neighbor over a loud party didn't get away with it.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X