Have just a little consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have just a little consideration

I was going to put this over on CS BUT it involves tipping/stiffing and I know how contentious that subject can get over there.

This situation did not happen to me this particular time BUT I have been stung in the past.

To those who make MASSIVE orders to corporate locations ie. $800 (150+ mini pizzas and 140 orders of breadsticks), which takes 2 drivers to deliver, and have the audacity to straight stiff (as in a corp. check for the EXACT amount) THEN call back to request (read demand) a LOT more stick sauce for FREE and be very very bitchy on the phone:

You can just go F' yourself and stuff your entitled ways and your head in a very dark and smelly bodily orifice.

This company ( a bank to boot) is notorious for this type of thing.

This is one of the reasons I am very thankful I no longer work dayside/lunch shifts anymore.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

After being stiffed, I wonder who'd be stupid enough to make another free run over there.

A good boss would take the time to remind these cheap clowns that they've already stiffed his drivers once and won't be getting a second chance. They want sauce, they can come over and get it themselves.

Yea, that'll happen...

Comment

"And what time will you be PICKING UP your order? All our drivers have said they won't deliver to you - and would quit on the spot if ordered to do so."

Seriously, restaurants do an auto-grat for parties of 6 or more. Since (from what I've read) the big orders tend to be stiffs, why can't a pizza place do an auto-grat on large orders? Even at 10% (restaurant auto-grats are usually around 18%), that order would have generated $80, or $40 per driver involved. Bear in mind that an order this size ties up the oven for a LONG time, blocking its use by other, smaller orders - and the 2 drivers hauling this order would otherwise have been able to take a couple smaller orders each, for which they probably would have been tipped.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
        "And what time will you be PICKING UP your order? All our drivers have said they won't deliver to you - and would quit on the spot if ordered to do so."

Seriously, restaurants do an auto-grat for parties of 6 or more. Since (from what I've read) the big orders tend to be stiffs, why can't a pizza place do an auto-grat on large orders? Even at 10% (restaurant auto-grats are usually around 18%), that order would have generated $80, or $40 per driver involved. Bear in mind that an order this size ties up the oven for a LONG time, blocking its use by other, smaller orders - and the 2 drivers hauling this order would otherwise have been able to take a couple smaller orders each, for which they probably would have been tipped.
        Restaurants can't do auto grat's anymore. If they do, the RESTAURANT is taxed on the tip as if it were regular income . . . and so is the server.

Of course, that rule just took effect this year. The manager should have made it clear to the bank an 18% gratuity was included in the tab.
        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
          Restaurants can't do auto grat's anymore. If they do, the RESTAURANT is taxed on the tip as if it were regular income . . . and so is the server.
          Taxing it as income to the server I can understand (after all, tips are income). Taxing it as income to the RESTAURANT? Why isn't it a "flow through" - restaurant collects it from customer (income), then immediately pays it to the server (wages=expense), so there is no net gain to the restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by eltf177 View Post
            After being stiffed, I wonder who'd be stupid enough to make another free run over there.

A good boss would take the time to remind these cheap clowns that they've already stiffed his drivers once and won't be getting a second chance. They want sauce, they can come over and get it themselves.

Yea, that'll happen...
            Curiously that is indeed almost what happened. The MOD did not mention the lack of a tip but carefully explained that the drivers were "busy" delivering other orders to "accommodate" their "request" for at least 45 minutes.

In the end no sauce was delivered.

I did get the smaller $50 order for the evening crew. same thing $0 tip.
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I'll never understand stiffing like that. If someone is willing to bring me fresh hot pizza at 2am no matter the weather he or she is getting at least 20% because a hug would probably be awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                Taxing it as income to the server I can understand (after all, tips are income). Taxing it as income to the RESTAURANT? Why isn't it a "flow through" - restaurant collects it from customer (income), then immediately pays it to the server (wages=expense), so there is no net gain to the restaurant?
                Probably because those making the rules and/or those they care about don't like auto grats and saw an easy way to get rid of them.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                X