Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen has genitals ruptured by Police (Possibly NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen has genitals ruptured by Police (Possibly NSFW)

Link 1
    link 2
    link 3

So basically, 16 year old Darrin Manning was walking with some teammates to a basketball game in Philadelphia, when a Police Officer stopped him for a "Stop and Frisk." A female officer, during the frisk, pulled down hard on on Manning's genitals causing his testicles to rupture. He is being charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, but none of the articles I found talk about that. Possibly because Police are not commenting on the case since they are doing an Internal Affairs investigation. Allegedly, Manning did not complain about any pain during his 8 hour stay in jail. He did, however, spend the following night at a hospital having emergency surgery. He many never be able to have children.

This whole thing just makes me sick. I mean there are a lot of details that I wish I had, like what Manning allegedly did to get charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest. Still, according to his principal Manning was a straight A student with no discplinary record. So a good kid, a smart, athletic young man, is how confined to a wheelchair until he heals from the surgery on his ruptured genitals. This is an disgusting example of police brutality.

I am curious how the story will expand as time goes on. What facts will come to light. No matter what happens, it's a tragic thing to happen to such a seemingly good kid.

There's a thread over on the Ars Technica forums about "distrust of the police" and this story is one of many that's cropped up. Apparently, you're not allowed to be black and be with your sports team in public unless you want to be harassed and/or arrested.

Another story was of a basketball team waiting at a corner bus stop for their ride, some of whom were arrested for 'loitering' and then there's this case, and another one where among a trio of teen boys, the black one was searched and arrested while his two companions (Hispanic and Asian) were ignored, even as they attempted to corroborate his reason for being there.
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

first, we need to cut the irrelevant crap out of the situation. It's irrelevant what Mr manning was charged with, if the testicles got ruptured, it is excessive force. On the information availible now, the female cop should probably be prosecuted. ( I'm trying to figure out if it cunts as sexual assault or not)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
        first, we need to cut the irrelevant crap out of the situation. It's irrelevant what Mr manning was charged with, if the testicles got ruptured, it is excessive force. On the information availible now, the female cop should probably be prosecuted. ( I'm trying to figure out if it cunts as sexual assault or not)
        now there's a typo.

can we please do something about the cops? it's not just the stop and frisk bullshit but the simple fact that they are literally getting away with murder.

wait so he's getting charged with resisting arrest? I thought that the stop and frisk didn't count as being arrest otherwise it's arresting without a charge.
        Last edited by gremcint; 01-23-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
          wait so he's getting charged with resisting arrest? I thought that the stop and frisk didn't count as being arrest otherwise it's arresting without a charge.
          When it's is obvious that the cops screw up, it is SOP to try to charge the victim. It's to intimidate them. Later the charges are dropped, and usually the victim is so relieved to be off the hook from prosecution of the bogus charges, they lose interest in justice. Too much hassle.

Sounds stupid, but it works frequently quite well. The exceptions are what we hear about in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
            Agreed . . . what a typo.

The family is calling it sexual assault. Since it was an attack on the genitals, they could have a case.

You have to really yank on the testicles to rupture them like that. It takes a lot of force. The doctor is right; the cop should be charged.

Supposedly in the scuffle, he hit a cop and ripped off his radio. However, I find the cops story dubious. There was no reason to stop and frisk. One of the boys made a snide remark; the incident was retaliation that got out of hand. If the search is unjustified, then resisting arrest charges won't stand. Given the weather, I think the cops will have a hard time defending this.

This kid probably is infertile. He's lucky to be alive; that's a life threatening injury. I'm surprised the officers were able to get him to jail; if he went to an actual jail the jailer should have refused to book him until he saw a doctor. If he was at a police station, someone there should have intervened.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
              Originally posted by ebonyknight View Post
              When it's is obvious that the cops screw up, it is SOP to try to charge the victim. It's to intimidate them.
              Another SOP is to charge them with "assaulting an officer". Of course, in many cases, the "assault" was that they repeatedly slammed their face into the officer's fist.

Also, why was a FEMALE officer frisking him? From what I've heard, it's SOP to have an officer of the same gender frisk people.

Comment

Originally posted by hinakiba777 View Post
                Link 1
                link 2
                link 3 a Police Officer stopped him for a "Stop and Frisk." A female officer, during the frisk, pulled down hard on on Manning's genitals causing his testicles to rupture.
                What the hells is a "stop and frisk"? Poplice are allowed to just stop anyone and frisk them without cause? Because they "think he/she might be up to soemthing"?

Also, why was it a FEMALE police officer that was frisking him? Isn't it standard that male police officers have to wait before frisking female detainees? So why not the reverse in this case?
                And just how the nine hells did she grab/pull on the testicles hard enough to rupture them during what should be a legal search?!?!

Comment

It hurts me just reading this.

OW!!!!!

This had to have been excessive force. There's no other explanation.

Comment

Story time! You may wish to cross your legs.

My ex popped the testicle of a man who attacked her in high school. Per her description she had to grab and twist then it "popped like a soft boiled egg". So its not an injury you can just accidentally inflict with a pat down. You've gotta yank and twist those puppies pretty hard.

Anyway, that's your fun fact for the day. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by kamn View Post
                      What the hells is a "stop and frisk"? Poplice are allowed to just stop anyone and frisk them without cause? Because they "think he/she might be up to soemthing"?
                      Yes.

In New York City it is a VERY controversial law that continues to pass judicial scrutiny. It is now feared it will make it's way into other jurisdictions, around the country with it's upheld, legal precidence.

In New York, a cop can stop anyone they like and frisk them. They must have a "reasonable" belief to stop them though, but as can be seen in almost anything cops do, they act and then come up the probable cause or justification, later.

So while technically they have to have cause, in frequent practice, they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by kamn View Post

Also, why was it a FEMALE police officer that was frisking him? Isn't it standard that male police officers have to wait before frisking female detainees? So why not the reverse in this case?
                        And just how the nine hells did she grab/pull on the testicles hard enough to rupture them during what should be a legal search?!?!
                        1. It's called a "Terry Stop" See Terry v Ohio. The police can stop and frisk someone for weapons if they have reasonable suspicion rather than probable cause (a much higher standard than reasonable suspicion). They've been around for awhile but NYC has been using this for years under the broken windows theory; stop the petty crimes and encourage the gun toters to get off the streets and crime will fall. It works, but when too aggressive it can violate civil rights.

2. A female officer should not have been doing this. That's a violation all in itself.

3. You have to yank very hard to do this; that's why the surgeon told the mother to sue. It's not the kind of thing that happens by accident. It's excessive force.
                        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I can't even imagine how awful that would be! *shudder*
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

But this isn't the kind on injury you can just ignore. I can't believe that a kid could last overnight with that much pain and not go to a doctor until the next day. There's masses of nerve bundles literally just hanging around down there. You can kill a man with a single blow to the groin!

And we're supposed to believe that a teenager had that kind of injury, walked around for 8 hours without complaining, and then mentioned it? No, don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakhur View Post
                              You can kill a man with a single blow to the groin!
                              Could you please give the source for this info?

I always though it was very painfull, and maybe maiming, but not that deadly?

Comment

Working...
                              X