Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man shoots and kills 2 people he says are trespassing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shoots and kills 2 people he says are trespassing.....

Turns out they were on their own property that they had just bought.

http://gawker.com/man-shoots-new-nei...rom-1509601587

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/U...l?device=phone

I've been seeing this on my FB feed from the station. I can't even comprehend what the hell the shooter was thinking.
    I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
      I've been seeing this on my FB feed from the station. I can't even comprehend what the hell the shooter was thinking.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The men he killed were not even on his property. Neither was the shed. It's likely the shed isn't even his; it didn't contain any of his property.

Considering he shot them from inside his own home while they were on their own property with no warning and with no danger to himself, I'm fairly confident he'll be convicted of first degree murder.

Unless he dies, first. The guy looks closer to 82 than 62.

There's also the nagging specter of whether this was race related, seeing as the killer was white and the victims were both black.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          There's also the nagging specter of whether this was race related, seeing as the killer was white and the victims were both black.
          This is West Virginia we are talking about. What makes you think race could be involved?

/sarcasm
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I'm about as pro-gun as they come, and it pisses me off when some nutcase does something like this. It makes the responsible gun owners look bad.
            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              The men he killed were not even on his property. Neither was the shed. It's likely the shed isn't even his; it didn't contain any of his property.
              Yep, the police verified the shed wasn't his and contained nothing that belonged to him. It contained nothing of value whatsoever. So no warning shot, no verbal warning, didn't even call 911 apparently. Just leaned out the window and essentially sniped them both. The shed is about 80 feet from the house.

He wasn't drunk or under the influence of any drugs either.

Comment

this is a classic case of a person who should not own any form of deadly weapon. This is murder, pure and simple. I hope this pile of excrement gets life in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                  this is a classic case of a person who should not own any form of deadly weapon.
                  It sounds like he had quite the stockpile. Wouldn't surprise me if they found a bomb shelter with enough canned goods to last 10 years -.-

Comment

probably true- should not own any form of deadly weapon doesn't necessarily mean does not own any form of deadly weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                      I'm about as pro-gun as they come, and it pisses me off when some nutcase does something like this. It makes the responsible gun owners look bad.
                      Pretty much this. I'm all in favor of legitimate self defense, I don't believe in being obligated to retreat in my own home, or my own property. But this was NOT self defense, this was cold blooded murder and I hope this piece of shit gets nailed to the wall for it.

Comment

I'm waiting for him to come out and take the Stand Your Ground defense.
                        Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Most shooters never mention SYG.

Doesn't tend to stop the press from plastering it all over the headlines, though...
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't think we have Stand Your Ground in WV.

*checks*

Or we do, never mind. Not that it applies in this case at all.
                            I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                              This is West Virginia we are talking about. What makes you think race could be involved?
                              I actually don't see much racism around here. We tend to be more fond of religious bigotry and Tea Party/Truther conspiracy theories. Also foreigners terrify us and Europe is the devil's kingdom.
                              "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                              TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
                              X