Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV Martial Law Warning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reCpV1YHuYs

-----This is one reason why I oppose and despise the (un)Patriot Act.

Surely you aren't impling that Obamamessiah and his minions will pull something like that???
    I called his local campaign office a few times trying to find where the local re-education camp wil be so I could report early and get a good spot.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I'm really confused as to why MTV felt the need to do this...I don't think we're anywhere close to a Holocaust, concentration camps, or martial law...or at least not anymore. If it didn't happen in the last 8 years, it's not going to happen now.

I wonder why they didn't do a video that ended with a picture of an internment camp during WWII?

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
        I'm really confused as to why MTV felt the need to do this...
        Because MTV doesn't remember what the "M" in their name means. They think they should be all fucking political, when the only thing they should be doing is playing music videos.

Comment

MTV is one of the worst TV stations out there today. As daleduke pointed out, they no longer remember what the M stands for. If I want politics, I'll watching the news or John Stewart or Stephen Colbert.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Can someone do me a favour, and give me an idea what this is about??

I usually read fratching at work, and can't access Youtube from here...
            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

It's a stupid commercial in which people doing normal, everyday things like ride the subway get hustled off by military and into concentration camps, then they superimpose a similar picture from the Holocaust.
              It then goes to text that says "The Holocaust happened to people like us".

I'm not sure what they're trying to put across, it doesn't mention any world leader nor any piece of legislation. It was just edgy for the sake of being edgy without any educational value whatsoever.

Comment

I'm not sure what they're trying to put across, it doesn't mention any world leader nor any piece of legislation. It was just edgy for the sake of being edgy without any educational value whatsoever.

Haven't got a clue???? Read the "Patriot Act".

Oh don't feel like reading it???? No big deal. Neither did most of our lawmakers that voted for it.

It's NOT about MTV. You can't see the forest for the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdj View Post

Haven't got a clue???? Read the "Patriot Act".

Oh don't feel like reading it???? No big deal. Neither did most of our lawmakers that voted for it.

It's NOT about MTV. You can't see the forest for the trees.
                  Despite the Patriot Act, it'd never happen in this day and age. Maybe if the world was total anarchy it would, but not in America or any of the other major nations.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Color me stupid, but there was no mention of Patriot act in that commercial, nor mention of either the outgoing or incoming presidents.
                    Again, without a clear message, the commercial was being edgy for the sake of being edgy, with no educational benefit whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                      Despite the Patriot Act, it'd never happen in this day and age. Maybe if the world was total anarchy it would, but not in America or any of the other major nations.
                      Why? Has human nature actually changed that much over the last 60 years??

Sorry GD, but humans haven't really changed in over 5000 years - we've just developed more interesting ways to deal with our fears and paranoias.
                      ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
                        Why? Has human nature actually changed that much over the last 60 years??

Sorry GD, but humans haven't really changed in over 5000 years - we've just developed more interesting ways to deal with our fears and paranoias.
                        Because I think the conditions between Germany then and the US now are extremely different. Plus, in Nazi Germany, they were rounding up a minority. In the commercial, it makes it seem like they were rounding up anyone and everyone. That'd never work. There are over 300 million people with a military of only 1.45 million. It'd never work.

Comment

I think the video was in reference to Obamamessiah's Civilian Defense Force idea that he floated last month. With MTV complaining about it seems kinda odd to me in that I'd think they would be all for rounding up the conservitives and Republicans at least for re-education if not the final solution.
                          Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
                            I think the video was in reference to Obamamessiah's Civilian Defense Force idea that he floated last month. With MTV complaining about it seems kinda odd to me in that I'd think they would be all for rounding up the conservitives and Republicans at least for re-education if not the final solution.
                            What is his Civil Defense Force? I haven't heard about that one I don't think (unless it was tied into something else).

Comment

What was this hoping to accomplish? Did Viacom get a CEO who wears aluminum foil? What a joke.
                              "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Comment

Working...
                              X