Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company lays off hundreds of employees by conference call

http://consumerist.com/2014/02/03/it...nference-call/

We all know that, generally speaking, companies do not care about their employees much but most of them at least like to act like they do.

Not this one, who makes it blatantly obvious they don't give two shits about their employees. A mass layoff/firing is really classless. At least have the guts to tell someone privately that they are out of a job.

Well, with companies seeing employees as just a number, what do you expect? They barely see their employees as human.

Comment

Why not do it by email, then?
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        Why not do it by email, then?
        Nah, standard policy dictates you remove access to all of their work accounts including email before you break the news. I bet as soon as the guys entered the conference room the IT personnel flipped the switch on all of their accounts so that they couldn't do any retaliatory action.

Comment

We got bought out last year and for the year leading up to it, there were a bunch of layoffs here and there.

One day, all of the fire alarms in our building and we had to evacuate. After standing outside for a while, while most of management was inside, we started joking that this was their way to get us out and lay us off.

Our building lasted all the way through the buyout and various teams were laid off in stages. With the exception of a few project managers, my team is the only team left standing. We do, however, expect to be laid off this summer. We'll see how that goes.
          Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
          X