Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we should spade?neuter humans?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6488049.story

I am all about freedoms. But some people might just be denied simply because they are this stupid. Mother has a history of drug abuse, has one dead child already. Now she has another.
    If you are unable/unwilling to care for a child then do not have them.
    Last edited by bara; 02-12-2014, 07:05 AM. Reason: added my thoughts

I think you mean "spay" not "spade."

Sterilization has been known to fail on occasion.

Comment

1 in 2000 chance of pregnancy. with tubal litigation, that an also mean an esotopic pregnancy risk to those that have it fail.

but yeah.. someone like her should have never gotten the kid back at that young of an age. maybe once the kid was old enough to be in school, and understand how to use it's own inhaler. but that's a heavy maybe.
      All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Just no to Eugenics.

Because who gets to decide who is ok to have kids and who isn't, and who is going to go door to door to check to make sure you haven't had a kid?
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          Just no to Eugenics.

Because who gets to decide who is ok to have kids and who isn't, and who is going to go door to door to check to make sure you haven't had a kid?
          This. Giving any authority to surgically force anyone to not have kids or to do "checks" is scarily Orwellian, even if it is done with the best of intentions.

Comment

I agree with the "no to Eugenics" crowd. There are too many who would want the "mentally infirm" sterilized, which would include several members of my family, and myself, due to falling onto the autistic spectrum. This is not an ok think to be pushing.

Comment

while forced sterilization is a friggan nono... i'm all for people having to pass a test before they can KEEP any kids they have. kids deserve a proper upbringing, not a life where they're gonna be neglected by their drug-addled bio-parents.
              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

The Nazis started with sterilization and graduated to "the final solution".

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.” - Edmund Burke

Comment

And the Nazis got the sterilization idea from us...
                  I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                    And the Nazis got the sterilization idea from us...
                    And when the US saw where the Nazis took it, they stopped in most states, finally eliminating it over 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ebonyknight View Post
                      And when the US saw where the Nazis took it, they stopped in most states, finally eliminating it over 30 years ago.
                      North Carolina had a eugenics program until around the mid 1970's. A few years ago a lawsuit began on behalf of victims.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3657982.html

The woman in the OP would not have wanted to live down here between 1929-1974 - they'd found any excuse to cut and tie her tubes and wouldn't have required her consent.
                      If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Originally posted by ebonyknight View Post
                        30 years ago? Apparently not everyone got the memo back then:
                        http://cironline.org/reports/female-...-approval-4917

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmon View Post
                          This is just sick and wrong. Heinrich has some serious superiority issues. Every quote they use makes him look like he thinks that he knows what's best for these women, and he'll do whatever it takes to make sure what he wants happens, because they're just too stupid to know any better.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's funny to me that the people who say "Everyone should have to get a license to have children." has no doubt that they themselves would be granted such a license, should they want one. It's only the other people who shouldn't get it.

My husband and his (arrogant, asshole) co-workers were having this conversation today, coincidentally. He bluntly told them, "There was a place you could do that once. Unfortunately this place surrendered to the Allies in 1945."

Sure, it's disgraceful and sickening to see parents who neglect and abuse their children or refuse to use birth control when obviously it would be in everyone's best interests. But I think education and medical insurance can do a great deal of good in these situations, which is why we need to adequately fund social programs to monitor at-risk children. Whereas forced sterilization will only lead down dark, evil paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmon View Post
                              Oh, but they did.

At least 148 women received tubal ligations in violation of prison rules during those five years – and there are perhaps 100 more dating back to the late 1990s, according to state documents and interviews.
                              http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alex-s...b_3631287.html

In 1909, California passed the country's third sterilization law, authorizing reproductive surgeries of patients committed to state institutions for the "feebleminded" and "insane" that were deemed suffering from a "mental disease which may have been inherited and is likely to be transmitted to descendants." Based on this eugenic logic, 20,000 patients in more than ten institutions were sterilized in California from 1909 to 1979............... Although it was scaled back in the early 1950s, the law was not repealed until 1979, in the context of another chapter of sterilization abuse.
                              I believe that was over 30 years ago......
                              Last edited by ebonyknight; 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X