Another Stand Your Ground Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Stand Your Ground Incident

Not sure if this has been talked about here but I finally ran across the "loud music" shooting. Basically a guy isn't happy about someone's choice of music, confronts the person, a fight ensues, person gets scared and shoots other person. So far all of the details I've read about this case seem more cut and dry than the Trayvon Martin case. Especially since the guy left witnesses alive.

It seems like "Stand Your Ground" is only empowering bullies.

I can't believe this guy even went for Stand Your Ground.

The facts of the case are so absurd its surreal. 10 shots into the SUV, 3 while it was fleeing and then he just goes home and walks his dog.

Comment

Are you talking about this incident or was there a new one?

Do you have a link to the article?
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

If this is in reference to Dunn, I hope they nail his ass to the wall.

While the guys he shot at all had the same story moments after the incident, having returned to get help for Davis, his has changed more than once after he left the scene and failed to report the shooting to police, only turning himself in after they already had his name because a witness took down his license plate number.

It's worth noting that some articles (like this one at CNN) claim the gun was loaded, but he officially claims that he keeps it unloaded.

Speaking of the CNN article, here's a choice quote:

He wrote, while awaiting trial, "This jail is full of blacks, and they all act like thugs. ... This may sound a bit radical, but if more people would arm themselves and kill these **** idiots when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior."
        This guy is a racist bigot piece of trash who apparently was looking for an excuse to "kill those **** idiots."

Then again, if you continue reading that article, it just gets worse, with institutionalized prejudice against blacks being so ingrained that it affects pretty much everything.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
          Are you talking about this incident or was there a new one?

Do you have a link to the article?
          Yes, that incident...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
            Yes, that incident...sorry.
            I, personally, don't think you need to apologize. It's been over a year since that thread has had any activity. I remembered about it because I'm the one that started it.

Comment

Here is more info on this. The shooter's girlfriend testified that he said, "I hate that thug music," before she got out the car. After the shooting they went back to their hotel room and made rum and cokes and ordered pizza.

http://gawker.com/white-florida-man-...hoo-1519304881

Comment

This one seems alot more cut and dry than the Trayvon case. But I guess that's the diffrence between leaving witnesses and not. It sounds like he went to pick a fight and is now trying to hide behind "stand your ground".

Comment

Just about every time these Stand Your Ground cases come up, all i can think about is that episode in the first season of South Park where Uncle Jimbo and Ned take the boys hunting.

They say that you can shoot whatever you want, including endangered species, as long as you shout "It's Coming Right For Us!" first.

Here's the link to the video

Comment

Originally posted by Titi View Post
                    Here is more info on this. The shooter's girlfriend testified that he said, "I hate that thug music," before she got out the car. After the shooting they went back to their hotel room and made rum and cokes and ordered pizza.

http://gawker.com/white-florida-man-...hoo-1519304881
                    I am not sure which is more out right disturbing. What he did or the girlfriend's callous disregard for what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by ebonyknight View Post
                      I am not sure which is more out right disturbing. What he did or the girlfriend's callous disregard for what he did.
                      i dunno if it was disregard.. can't really tell tone from that. it could be she figured immediately after her partner shoots people, maybe telling him "no" might not be a smart idea.
                      found a longer version of her testimony. sounds like she's testifying against him, not for him. and her insistence they returned home? probably made them easier to find, especially if they used a CC at the gas station.
                      http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/02...rday?hpt=hp_t2
                      All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
                        i dunno if it was disregard.. can't really tell tone from that. it could be she figured immediately after her partner shoots people, maybe telling him "no" might not be a smart idea.
                        found a longer version of her testimony. sounds like she's testifying against him, not for him. and her insistence they returned home? probably made them easier to find, especially if they used a CC at the gas station.
                        http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/02...rday?hpt=hp_t2
                        Ah, I see the context now. The prior article made it seem like they popped some nigger, then had pizza and rum and cokes for a nightcap.

Comment

Partial Verdict Reached in Florida Killing Over Loud Music

The judge, Russell Healey, reading from juror’s notes in open court, said that the panel had reached a verdict on four lesser counts involving attempted murder, but could not agree on the first count of murder.
                          Am I the only one sensing the worst here?

Comment

No, I had a feeling in the wake of other Florida cases, that he would get off.

I have a feeling that Marrisa Alexander will get the book thrown at her, despite the Zimmerman trial getting her a new trial.

Precedence has been set. It's open season in Florida.

Comment

By getting off, I mean being convicted of murder. He is going to jail, but I don't see how it's not for murder, yet attempted murder on others in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X