Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father sues over stolen custody

Basics of the story:

Six years ago, Robert Manzanares filed for paternity of his daughter via Carry Morelock. At that time, she claimed and signed that she had no intent to give birth or pursue adoption in Utah.

About a month later, she went to Utah, gave birth, and gave her child up for adoption to her brother and sister-in-law. The same day she was supposed to appear in court in Colorado.

Manzanares found out three days later, got his paternity suit in Colorado expedited, and began to fight for custody of his daughter.

He's still fighting.

Today he's suing his ex, the brother and sister-in-law, and their lawyers for stealing custody of his daughter.

Apparently Utah law makes this kind of thing incredibly easy. Twelve men are suing the state for similar issues.

I'm all for adoption, but this strikes me as a horrific nightmare and overstep of the law by Utah.
    I has a blog!

This reminds me of this case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...1249061?pgno=1

Luckily the father got his child back. The adoptive parents slandered him something fierce. From saying he was a deadbeat, to saying that if he loved his wife and child he would have not have left them to go to where he was transferred by the US Army! That he could have told the Army no, he wasn't going!

Comment

Originally posted by Titi View Post
      This reminds me of this case.
      Oh, hey, Utah too. This make me sad. But good on him that he got his daughter back.
      I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Titi View Post
        saying that if he loved his wife and child he would have not have left them to go to where he was transferred by the US Army! That he could have told the Army no, he wasn't going!
        Sounds like "counseling to commit desertion" to me - can a civilian be court-martialed for offenses directly related to military activity?

Comment

Working...
        X