Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother attempts force the 'gay' out of her 4 yo son...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother attempts force the 'gay' out of her 4 yo son...

....and the son dies as a result.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2...eared_gay.html

The sorry excuse for a mother is facing charges of murder, murder by abuse, and second-degree assault for the death of her son in 2012. Her boyfriend has pleaded guilty to the charged brought against him as a part of the boy's death.

Holy shit. Some people do NOT deserve to be parents, especially if it ends in something as horrifying as what was done to this poor little boy. And how the fuck does any parent justify abusing their child in an attempt to beat the 'gay' out of him?!

Whatever happened to just loving and accepting your child for who they are? Some people disgust me...

I have nothing to say.

This is simply horrific.

Comment

judging by the fact that she also abused her other kids, her kid "walking and talking" gay is just bullshit.

of course, it isn't acceptable anyway ( not least, a 4-year old is too young to feel sexual attraction, so by definition, cannot be gay) but this is just an abusive mother who went way too far. Personally, I have no sympathy for her.

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
        of course, it isn't acceptable anyway ( not least, a 4-year old is too young to feel sexual attraction, so by definition, cannot be gay) but this is just an abusive mother who went way too far. Personally, I have no sympathy for her.
        It wouldn't be any less acceptable if the four year old were gay as a parade and horny as a rhino's face.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I agree- I'm just pointing out that it isn't truly homophobia- any more than Russia really cared about russian-speakers in Crimea. ( they wanted to annex Crimea)

Comment

It is horrible what this woman did. There is no excuse for it, and I'm inclined to agree...the gay thing is just an excuse, if she was also doing this to her other kids.

The anal part of me must address this bit, however:

not least, a 4-year old is too young to feel sexual attraction, so by definition, cannot be gay
            That is incorrect. Homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is not just a sexual attraction. While I may have spent a great deal of time in hiding and serious denial, I knew I was gay at 5 years old. I had a crush on the girl down the street, and my sunday school teacher, and Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman (wrroowrr). When my mother explained the birds and the bees to me (she was pregnant, natural questions arose) and what marriage was, I knew that I wanted to marry a girl, and even asked her if I could.

Attractions, both homosexual and heterosexual, start extremely young. No one doubted my nephew was straight when at two and three he talked about marrying the Pink Ranger or wanted to go kiss 'the perty girl' on the street. Kids know what attracts them emotionally and spiritually, long before they understand what sex is, or feel anything that can be deemed as 'sexual attraction'. Heck, kids start feeling sexual attraction long before they have the maturity and awareness to fully comprehend it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Fratching

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
              ( not least, a 4-year old is too young to feel sexual attraction, so by definition, cannot be gay)
              Says who? I had crushes on girls at 4 years old.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

But are crushes the same as sexual attractions? I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  But are crushes the same as sexual attractions? I'm not sure.
                  When I was 5 or 6 I remember having "crushes" but as far as I recall, I only had them just to imitate the crushes I'd see on TV or where ever. I don't recall really feeling anything, and if everywhere around me people were having crushes on same-sex, I feel as though I probably would imitate that, regardless of whether in adolescence I start feeling attracted to women.

As someone who is heterosexual, though, I cannot really know from first-hand experience how homosexuals felt when they were children before adolescence. Who knows? Maybe if I were homosexual something in me would lean me towards having crushes on men, even if I hadn't known at that time what it meant.

Comment

A friend reminded me that at that age, most kids are of the "opposite gender has cooties" stage in their lives.

Comment

Sexual attractions, no. Feelings for, yes. Kids are very emotional. And they like to explore things. Me? I was "attracted" to boys when I was little. I am now at 23 attracted to all genders. Sometimes you know, sometimes you don't.

Comment

OK, I might have been wrong about 4-year olds being able to be gay. I'm 99% sure you cannot be sure of what any individual kid's sexual orientation will be at 4 years old. To clarify- the kid might know ( who knows?) but you would not be ale to look at a kid's behaviour, and say "that kid is gay" when they are 4 years old.

Comment

Depends how you define gay. You can't look at a 4 year old and know their preferred sexual acts as an adult, but if you define 'gay' as 'penis possessing individual who acts like you believe a vagina possessing individual should act', and you have gender expectations for 4 year olds, you can go, 'little boy does girl stuff, little boy is gay.'

Comment

we may not be able to know someone's sexual preferances by age 4, but kids will know the people they bond with by then. i mean, even toddlers will act in a way with eachother that, while adults may mistake as flirting, they would simply say they "really like Jane" or that they're best friends.
                            hell, i've watched my niece (2) act coy with one of her male playmates (also 2) and while it's adorable, and we joke that he's her little boyfriend, we're also well aware that it's not actually sexual. she just really bonds with him. however, she also doesn't act in the same manner with her closest female playmates, so i wouldn't be shocked if she was straight in the end.
                            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I've never given a rat's arse who my son played with or what toys he wanted - if he wanted to play with girls and have dolls that was perfectly fine with me. He even had a couple of Barbies so that he could play with my sister who was only five years older than him. I had a couple of people give me shit for letting him have dolls and other 'girly' toys, and I would give them shit back as it was none of their business, and if they kept it off then I would cut them out of my life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how I chose to raise my son, and at the age of 22 he is very secure in who he is as a person.

Comment

Working...
                              X