School violence...this time with a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School violence...this time with a knife

Some asshole went on a stabbing spree earlier today. As usual, it wasn't long before all the nuts came out of the woodwork.

No deaths, suspect subdued by the on site security guard and the principle. Seems a hell of a lot better than how this shit usually goes down in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
      No deaths, suspect subdued by the on site security guard and the principle. Seems a hell of a lot better than how this shit usually goes down in the States.
      I'm not sure the word "better" can be appropriately used when describing 20 kids being stabbed.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I think most people agree that 20 kids being stabbed and surviving is "better" than X kids being shot dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          I'm not sure the word "better" can be appropriately used when describing 20 kids being stabbed.
          It sure as fuck can given you normally have mass shootings and multiple dead kids.

Comment

it's better in the sense that no parents have to bury their kids. THAT is a vast improvement. True, it would be better if it hadn't happened at all- but if there were guns involved? there would probably be 20 dead kids now.

Comment

I'm having trouble figuring out how many kids were stabbed because the one kid, an idiot in my opinion, pulled the fire alarm. They were safer in their rooms, not in a mob where they could've been easily stabbed or cut
              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                It sure as fuck can given you normally have mass shootings and multiple dead kids.
                Well, let's go tell those kids that it could have been worse and they could have been shot. I'm sure they'll happily agree.

The weapons aren't the problem.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well, let's go tell those kids that it could have been worse and they could have been shot. I'm sure they'll happily agree.

Don't pretend to be this dense.

Just don't. I know you're a gun rights activist, fine, whatever.

But this?

We have multiple threads regarding various shootings. In EACH shooting you pull this BS, about how the weapon doesn't matter.

And then we get THIS case, which shows that, hey, the weapon DOES matter. Not definitive proof, just one case, but come on. The FIRST mass attack we hear of that doesn't involve firearms, and hey NO ONE DIED.

Don't pull this shit, GD. These kids could have died, and it is a good thing that no one DID.

Comment

Greenday, regardless of weapons involved, not dead IS better than dead. What GK said was that, with no-one dead, and the suspect not at large, this is better than what we usually hear about. Yes. Not dead is better than dead.
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Well, let's go ask those kids those kids if they would rather have been shot dead. I am pretty sure they would agree the knifed but survived option is better

I am pretty sure they WOULD agree that it would have been worse if the agressor had a gun. Maybe not HAPPILY since being knifed isn´t most people´s idea of fun. But they would agree.
                      Last edited by SkullKing; 04-11-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

You guys can celebrate another mass attack all you want. I'd prefer there weren't any attacks at all regardless of weapon. I don't see this as some kind of victory that the attacker decided to use knives over guns.

In the end, 20 kids got stabbed and there's no bright side to that.

Comment

You guys can celebrate another mass attack all you want. I'd prefer there weren't any attacks at all regardless of weapon. I don't see this as some kind of victory that the attacker decided to use knives over guns.

In the end, 20 kids got stabbed and there's no bright side to that.
                          Greenday, are you trolling? We are not celebrating the attack. Nor are we saying anything (yet- if you persist in trying to make this a debate about guns v knives, people WILL respond) about guns. What we are saying is that it is good that nobody was killed. If they were stabbed and killed, we would treat it the same as if the attacker used a gun. If they were shot and survived, we would be just as relieved.

The bright side? is that all 20 kids survived, and will go home to their family. That's 20 families that don't have to mourn the loss of somebody before their time.

Comment

I think somebody has a skewed sense of what 'celebration' is. Seriously - how the fuck is anybody here celebrating the attack? All that has been said so far is that nobody died. End of story.

Comment

You guys can celebrate another mass attack all you want.
                              I believe celebrating the attack would imply someone expressing happiness that the attack hapenned, All I saw was people being relieved no one died, and that thios attack wasn´t as bed as previous ones.

I'd prefer there weren't any attacks at all regardless of weapon.
                              No one in this thread presented an opinion contradictory to this, everyone here would rather no more attacks happened.

Your position seems to be: relief no one died=happiness someone got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X