Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you thought Family Guy quotes couldn't get more annoying

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-tr...t-message.html

A former employee of the University of Florida accessed the school's emergency text messaging program and sent the text "The monkey got out of the cage" to over 40,000 students. On Inauguration Day.

Now, aside from the fact that most people jumped to the conclusion that this was a racist comment regarding President Obama, this was just an insanely stupid thing to do. The guy who sent the text was on the local news this morning, and he was trying to brush the whole thing off in a sort of "But it's Family Guuuuuy lol!" kind of way. He used a state university's damn emergency system to send a dumb TV show quote text! I mean geez, even if it had not been unfortunate enough to have happened on inauguration day, how freaking stupid are people these days? This was a grown man, and now his joke has earned him felony charges.

I don't know. I just want to trout-slap this one really badly.
    A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Yeah, that was definitely an irresponsible thing to do. It's one thing to make and enjoy a good joke, but there is a time and a place for that sort of thing, and utilizing an emergency system is by all means uncalled for. I hope this ends up being a lesson for this guy, and that he overcomes his arrested development as a result of the experience.

And yeah, many people overdo quotes from movies and television shows to the point where they practically ruin whatever movie or television show they are taking them from. Family Guy and The Simpsons are two shows that this has happened to. Also, some people are really getting out of hand with that "Why so serious?" line from The Dark Knight.

Comment

Working...
    X