Comic Critique leads to rape threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
    Wonder Woman can go toe to toe with Superman on a good day... She's far from super-powerless.
    could be my lack of knowledge about the character, but i thought she was an amazon princess, and not a powered-hero. if i'm wrong, oops. i'm not a wonder woman reader, most i know of her is from the scribblenauts game lol.
    if she does possess powers in a supernatural way, then of course i used her in error.

the point, though, was that for someone without supernatural powers to be able to pull off super-feats, they would have to be really strong. i also listed batman in that example, who i've seen hold out pretty good against superman too.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Batman's beaten Superman once, actually. He also knows how best to deal with every superpowered hero he works with. He's got a file on how to take himself out, too, should it be needed. He's scary smart and incredibly paranoid.

One could argue that his intelligence is super-human.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
        could be my lack of knowledge about the character, but i thought she was an amazon princess, and not a powered-hero. if i'm wrong, oops. i'm not a wonder woman reader, most i know of her is from the scribblenauts game lol.
        I'm not a comic book reader myself, but what I have observed is that heroes evolve over time, are given extra powers to get them out of troublesome situations, and so forth. Throw in the occasional reboot and outside the core fandom nobody knows what the hell's going on any more.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          I'm not a comic book reader myself, but what I have observed is that heroes evolve over time, are given extra powers to get them out of troublesome situations, and so forth. Throw in the occasional reboot and outside the core fandom nobody knows what the hell's going on any more.

Rapscallion
          Speaking of reboots...

Partly because of this mess and blow back, CBR has decided to blow away their old boards and restart from scratch. They are only giving people 2 weeks to access the old forums before they disappear forever.

I used to hang out on the Rumbles board, back before it joined CBR (I think; can't remember the full history now), but eventually Spacebattles lured me away. I haven't spent any time there since then really.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
            if she does possess powers in a supernatural way, then of course i used her in error.

the point, though, was that for someone without supernatural powers to be able to pull off super-feats, they would have to be really strong. i also listed batman in that example, who i've seen hold out pretty good against superman too.
            She was originally created from a clay statue, brought to life by magic and had some magical powers as a result of it. With the New52 reboot, she's now a Demigoddess. She's the daughter of Zeus and has meta-human powers, a la Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
              That sums up the third season of heroes pretty well. Only I don't know if even the fandom knew what the hell was going on.

Comment

Working...
              X