"I refuse to talk to Muslims"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I refuse to talk to Muslims"

We had a rep at our center fired a couple of weeks ago for expressing exactly the opinion above.

He got a customer that he was pretty sure was Muslim, immediately flagged down a supervisor and refused to take the call.

Now I don't know if the guy actually was Muslim, but the name on the account was Mohammed something something.

Evidently the rep who took it, because of his "religious beliefs" didn't want to have to deal with Muslims.

He allegedly threatened to sic a lawyer on us as he got walked out.

Honestly, as stupid as they may be, I don't care what his beliefs are. It should be clear however, to anyone with half a brain, that acting like that won't fly at this company (or most other companies for that matter).

Good riddance to bad rubbish?

And I bet he doesn't get why he got fired either.
    I has a blog!

Comment

I'm pretty sure refusing to help customers is a perfectly acceptable reason to fire someone.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I'm pretty sure refusing to help customers is a perfectly acceptable reason to fire someone.
        If you're hired to deal with a company's customer base (both current and future) and you have a problem with the fact that you might have to deal with certain elements of said customer base...don't @#$%ing take the job.

A lot of the places I've worked at have asked me if there is anything that would prevent me from doing the job as listed. If that person was asked a similar question...then not wanting to deal with the Muslim element of the customer base is an indication that he lied at the interview which is grounds for termination in most cases.
        “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Working...
        X