No announcement yet.

The Octuplet Mama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Mysty, those people deserve a swat to the head. I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at someone with triplets- they happen often enough. (well I might raise an eyebrow, but not in a condescending way! I'd just be intensely curious about the little cuties)

I have met multiple mothers of twins and triplets. Hell, I've met a good number of huge families in my time (I worked in a photo studio for a couple of years, in an area with a large Hasidic population- in their religious culture large families are encouraged. And I've met many families with 5 or even 11 children!)

While I personally don't want or necessarily agree with people having that many kids, in my mind it's none of my business as long as the children are healthy and the whole family unit is well cared/provided for (and not solely on my dime).

My problem with this situation is this woman's BALLS to use IVF as a means of reproduction when she clearly hasn't got the means to support her children.

I'm sorry. If you can't support yourself and/or any existing children, the last thing you should be doing is getting implanted with are more potential kids. Especially aiming for multiples.

Oopsies happen in nature. But if you're incapable of having children, AND are on public support ALREADY you shouldn't be seeking outside methods of fertility. Even if you are naturally fruitful, you should be responsible and try to prevent pregnancy if you're already on public assistance- nothing is 100% failproof, though- so in that case I might be sympathetic.

Sorry I think I rambled.

I see your point Mysty, and it is a shame that people can't reserve their thoughts, anger, or whatever to the one person who deserves it- Nadya Suleman.
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

So now she's being swarmed by paparazzi to the point of having to phone the police.

She wanted lots of attention, now she has it. Too bad it's more than she wants and can't handle it. Sucks for the kids though.

Comment

I don't agree with her choice to have that many kids, but I will say that I feel bad for her. Especially with the way the paparazzi are behaving. It's ridiculous. These photographers are dangerous. I was watching some entertainment news program (ET maybe? I can't remember) and they were literally banging on the windows of the vehicle she was taking home two of the newborns in. They were practically pushing down her garage door, no matter what she's done, she doesn't deserve that and those paparazzi should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Comment

I won't argue the way the paparazzi was acting was beyond ridiculous, but you have to remember that she is an attention seeker. She seems more intent on getting air time than tending to the children. What's going to happen when the flair of the story goes away and so does the media? I'd put good money that she'll do another stupid stunt to get the cameras on her again.

I feel bad for her children and maybe her husband. Her? Not so much.

Comment

I thought she wasn't married? Or is this a new development? I was half-assed watching some talk show with her on it and she was saying that no one would be making a big deal out of this if she wasn't single.

I don't know, I don't see her as particularly attention seeking, which sounds odd considering the amount of attention she's recieving. But she does genuinely seem to want to take care of her children(given I'm only basing this on interviews from TV that I've seen randomly, I don't really follow the story), and I do hope this is the case.

I think she has a mental problem though, or more than one. I'm one to say she needs help for that more than that she "deserves" what she gets. I'm sorry but death threats because someone has 14 children, even if they can't afford it and are on government assistance, is going overboard, and I think the people that are sending these threats deserve to be prosecuted for it. Just because the majority of people disagree with someone someone in the media has done doesn't mean they should be able to threaten that person without anything being said.

Comment

I feel very sorry for her, I honestly believe she is mentally unstable and that her ivf doctor (not her regular one but the quack she went to after he refused) should be held accountable for not refusing her as well.
              As much as people detest her situation I wish they would focus on her poor children and not her.
              I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Octomom's Doctor has been kicked out of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine; this was effective last month
                Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

No one's talked about this yet, but I read on Wikipedia that her grandfather, the husband of her grandmother had to LEAVE HIS WIFE and go to Iraq to work to support her kids. I can only imagine how awkward dropping of the kids at mom's must be. This woman was serparated from her husband by her selfish daughter who then shows up to drop the kids off while she works. If I were the grandmother, I would never stop slapping her.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
                    No one's talked about this yet, but I read on Wikipedia that her grandfather, the husband of her grandmother had to LEAVE HIS WIFE and go to Iraq to work to support her kids. I can only imagine how awkward dropping of the kids at mom's must be. This woman was serparated from her husband by her selfish daughter who then shows up to drop the kids off while she works. If I were the grandmother, I would never stop slapping her.
                    I abhor violence, but if ever there were a woman deserving of a day of constant slapping followed by intensive therapy it's that woman.
                    I'm just surprised that she isn't so obviously incompetent that her kids were removed as a matter of course.
                    I'm an atheist, so I don't pray, but I will hope that the kids will grow up sane.

Comment

Latest News

Looks like Nadya Suleman is going to be evicted from her house that she has been living in for the past 2 years

Supposedly, there was a payment of $450,000 was due on October 9 (if I'm reading the article correctly) which was not made, and therefore, the person who sold the house to Ms. Suleman is going ahead with eviction.
                      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

For the kids' sake, they ought to be at least fostered out. This woman is barely able to look after herself, let alone her kids.
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

She was counting on her pseudo-celebrity status to pay for everything, but no one really gives a damn anymore. Her fifteen minutes of fame dried up some time ago and now she has to face reality.

Comment

Wow. $450K? How far behind WAS she?

I also think the kids should be fostered out...the only problem is that they really can't be fostered out together, there's too many. And it sucks to split families up like that.
                            "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                              She was counting on her pseudo-celebrity status to pay for everything, but no one really gives a damn anymore. Her fifteen minutes of fame dried up some time ago and now she has to face reality.
                              Actually, she has steadfastly refused to use her children to make money. She has rejected all offers of reality shows featuring her kids, which would have covered the bills.

Which is more than the Duggars have done.

Comment

Right now this is not about the fact that she has 14 kids. This is not about the fact that her doctor exercised what many consider to be poor judgement.

This is about her being in a contract to buy a house at a set price and not paying it. Plain and simple.

If she couldn't have afforded the house, she shouldn't have bought it in the first place. If she could afford the house and just couldn't be arsed to play (perhaps thinking that because she pushed 14 kids out of her nethers, people would give her the world on a silver platter), then she is worth even less of my pity since she's the one who decided not to pay.

In either case..."tough shit, chew harder" Nadia.
                                “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X