3-Year-Old Gets Kicked Out of a KFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Year-Old Gets Kicked Out of a KFC

A 3-year-old girl in Mississippi was recently attacked by pit bulls. They injured her face badly including costing her her right eye. Her family went to the local KFC to have dinner. They were asked to leave because her face was disturbing other patrons.

I'll admit that the aftermath of the attack was disturbing, but I find the actions of that restaurant even more disturbing. you, Kentucky Fried Chicken. Even if that girl was 33 years old, I would find that offensive.

This 3-Year-Old Was Reportedly Asked To Leave KFC Because Her Face “Scared Diners”
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

That poor little thing. So she has scars, so what? I've seen people with far worse scars or deformities. I was never 'disturbed' by them except to wonder what might have caused them.

If some customer had a problem with that girl, the restaurant employees should have told them they were welcome to leave, not the child and her grandmother.

Comment

Jeez, you'd think her eye was hanging out of her socket or something. The customer who complained sounds like an SC and the store is just as sucky for siding with him.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        That poor little thing. So she has scars, so what? I've seen people with far worse scars or deformities. I was never 'disturbed' by them except to wonder what might have caused them.

back 25 years or so ago when I was in college I was a TA for a computer class.

One woman who I helped a lot had extensive scaring over a good portion of her body. It looked like she had been in a factory fire because the scaring was criss-cross pattern even on her face.

SO she had extensive scaring????? so what. She needed help and I gladly gave it to her on many occasions during my office hours. I never asked nor wanted to know what happened. I just treated her like any other student who needed a little extra help.

I attended college about the time that para and quadraplegics were really starting to get into higher education. I was around enough just in my ordinary classes. Heck even my first roommate was slightly "handicapped". His left had was cut off in a boating accident when he was 8 years old. at the time he had the traditional metal hook type device that he controlled with his shoulder. Great guy smart and a bit crazy but NEVER call him not normal.
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

anyone scared by that face is an idiot.

Comment

Idiots are never in short supply.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I had a feeling this story would be here. Disgraceful that this happened. However, here is an update. Seems KFC is paying some $30,000 toward the girl's medical bills to make up for what happened.

Comment

I think there is more to this story. When the grandmother mentioned that she is on a feeding tube, but she thought that a little mash potatoes would do no harm, it reminded me of when my son was born. He was premature by 2 days and put on a feeding tube for the first night of his life and I was not allowed to feed him. When I asked why not, I was informed that then bacteria would form around the tube that can cause an infection and that I could feed him once the tube was removed.

Also she NEVER mentions ANYONE coming to the counter and complaining about ANYTHING! (They were in line.) So how were the other customers complaining about her granddaughter's looks?

I do like that KFC has donated to the child's care, but if it happened the way she said you know that they would have paid more and publicly fired the people involved.

Comment

Maybe the medical folks can chime in to help clarify? Perhaps the risks for a feeding tube for an active toddler might be a different class than those for a feeding tube for a premie.

We're only 4 days into the event, so KFC might still be figuring out the details for firing or at least punishments, and in the mean time are doing immediate damage control. Or they may just be keeping the employee handling internal while putting a public positive display out.

Comment

I'm thinking that a customer didn't complain but instead an employee decided the little girl shouldn't be out in public and took matters into his/her own hands.

Comment

*twitch*

I read the article, and KFC is investigating the incident. Dear God, I hope someone gets fired over this.
                      Noble Grand: Do you swear, on your sacred honor, to uphold the principles of Friendship, Love and Truth?
                      Me: I do.
                      (snippet of the Initiation ceremony of the Fraternal Order of Odd Fellows)

Comment

When I first read the headline for this story I was expecting her to literally not have a face for it to have apparently terrified some fainthearted chicken lovers. Instead she looks adorable.

There's got to be more to this.

Comment

Really? With all the stupidity, vile behavior, and mean spiritedness in the world, what makes you think that there HAS to be more? My experiences with people leave me unsurprised with this situation, and perfectly willing to accept it went down as told.

Comment

I've been waiting for updates on this. My first thought on reading it was that Grandma started trouble and then made up the whole 'we got kicked out because the three year looks strange' thing to try to strong arm some money out of KFC. And then grandma got some money out of KFC. A lot of other money has been donated to the girls medical bills through a facebook account as well. It seems like getting kicked out of KFC might have been the best thing to happen to this girl in her short little life.

I really hope I'm wrong, that grandma didn't put a three year old through that sort social torture to pimp out her story for money. Still waiting to hear what the result of KFCs investigation is.

Comment

Annnd it looks like it was a con by grandma.

Comment

Working...
                              X