No announcement yet.

Ferguson, MO is a warzone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't say the people doing it were the brightest.
    How dumb do you think they are to not know the difference between a gas and a solid?

Several agitated demonstrators attempted to use a huge press corps in their approved staging area as a human shield at the end of the night, complicating the police effort to clear the streets at the protest's apparent end.
    The line pretty clearly says implies the "Human shield" thing is that they're hiding out there, not that they're taking hostages like Hamas.

Plus, "Attempted" would mean that, you know, they weren't successful.

You're right, most things DO come up Middle East. But if this was a big problem, searching for it would find more than a couple lines, and a bunch of "Ferguson =Obama = Hamas!" crazy shit. And I'm honestly not going to believe that there was a big rash of this that, again, the reporters didn't see fit to REPORT on. Not even Fox News made a big deal out of it, and they made a big deal out of some medical scan that a nutjob found on his website.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

• If a protester tries to hide among the press, that does not give the police the right to gas the press.

Also a protester trying to hide among the press does not means the press"got in the way". You make it sound as if the reporters were actively trying to set themselves between police and protesters all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I didn't say the people doing it were the brightest.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/fergu...ice-1408506158

There's one from just a few days ago. Tough finding more since everything comes up with the Middle East.
        So, one line in the wall street journal, which could just as easily be read as "protestors hiding out in a crowd", as opposed to the more standard human shield image...Yep, that's totally verifiable and bulletproof evidence.

Another? Maybe one that actually bear out your claim? You said you've read quite a few, several, etc, etc.

Because right now, you have a weakass argument.

Comment

• The entire police force in this area needs to just stop talking. >.>

Officer Assigned To Protests Threatens To Punch AG
          St Louis PD Officer suspended after racist video
          Glendale Officer says protesters need to be put down like "rabid dogs."

Comment

• Jesus - even my dad, who tends to be very pro-police, is face-palming this fuckery.

Comment

• Its all coming out of the wood work now that attention is on the department.

Ferguson officer has a history of beating children.
              Ferguson officer sued for hogtying a 12 year old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                Its all coming out of the wood work now that attention is on the department.

Ferguson officer has a history of beating children.
                Ferguson officer sued for hogtying a 12 year old.
                It's amazing how many cops get on the force and stay on the force with those kinds of resumes.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

It's amazing how many cops get on the force and stay on the force with those kinds of resumes.
                  Even Officer Wilson's first job before he transferred to Ferguson was in a department that was completely disbanded due to rampant corruption, racial prejudice, brutality and a whole stack o' lawsuits resulting from the aforementioned. The entire department was shut down and every officer was fired including Wilson.

While it may be through no fault of his own ( it was his first placement and he was there only 2 years ) there it does seem to show a systematic problem with the departments in the the St Louis area. I mean that one cop there making an ass of himself in a Youtube speech was on the force for 35 years with an apparently clean record. There's no way some of his colleagues didn't know he was an asshole.

Good ol' Blue Wall. Between this the LAPD and the NYPD, cripes. The NYPD just got caught lying about running over a pedestrian for fark sakes.

I'm not sure what the problem with the system is but it seems to allow dicks to flourish and then protect each other's dickery. Need a Federal law mandating dash cams and body cams ASAP.

Comment

• Apparently the Conservatives have found a cause celebre. Apparently a white kid was shot by a black cop in Salt Lake. Name is Dillon Taylor.

http://www.memphisrap.com/2014/08/22...alt-lake-city/

After a little digging...sounds like he had a warrant already...Hmmm...

Comment

• I've been watching them flail on twitter for days trying to find any kind of story about mean black cops hurting white people then championing it like "SEE?! RACISM IS OVER".

Looks like the black cop in that story was *gasp* wearing a body camera. Also, as tragic as the story sounds, that's not how this works desperate white people. Taylor was not shot because he was white and scary.

Also if they want to start comparing the numbers on white people vs black people shot by cops and how much media coverage they receive... >.>

Comment

Taylor was not shot because he was white and scary.
                        Ironic, neither was Brown.
                        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Ironic, neither was Brown.
                          Well, I should hope not. Otherwise there's been some serious confusion and some impressive photoshop going around about Brown. ;p

Comment

I've been watching them flail on twitter for days trying to find any kind of story about mean black cops hurting white people then championing it like "SEE?! RACISM IS OVER".

Looks like the black cop in that story was *gasp* wearing a body camera. Also, as tragic as the story sounds, that's not how this works desperate white people. Taylor was not shot because he was white and scary.

Also if they want to start comparing the numbers on white people vs black people shot by cops and how much media coverage they receive... >.>
                            Well, it sounds like this Taylor person was a piece of work. But we wont let that get in the way of a narrative. Like I said, something about a $25,000 bench warrant for a robbery. Yup, that sounds like a fine upstanding citizen there. So I'm guessing the reason it doesn't make the news is because "White Asshole Gets Shot by Cops" isn't news.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                              Apparently the Conservatives have found a cause celebre. Apparently a white kid was shot by a black cop in Salt Lake. Name is Dillon Taylor.

http://www.memphisrap.com/2014/08/22...alt-lake-city/

After a little digging...sounds like he had a warrant already...Hmmm...
                              Ugh. I'm sick of conservatives doing that. One was a kid who was shot in a town that had a history of police abuse while the other was a one of incident that had nothing to do with race. They probably know this too, but as long as it furthers their agenda...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                                Ugh. I'm sick of conservatives doing that. One was a kid who was shot in a town that had a history of police abuse while the other was a one of incident that had nothing to do with race. They probably know this too, but as long as it furthers their agenda...
                                I guess I would be a little more sympathetic if he didn't already have a bench warrant or whatever. But of course, the bloggers don't mention that little fact. But that doesn't stop them from bringing it up with the current situation. And if he reached for something as he was being stopped.....well, what is a cop supposed to do? Is he just supposed to let the person reach.....

Comment

Working...
                                X