No announcement yet.

Ferguson, MO is a warzone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Governor has stepped in and relieved the Ferguson police department of their "duty" in containing and securing the situation. The Missouri Highway patrol is taking over.

From WaPo
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
      The Governor has stepped in and relieved the Ferguson police department of their "duty" in containing and securing the situation. The Missouri Highway patrol is taking over.

From WaPo
      Should help ease tension all around.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

According to Time, the restriction was after reports that a police helicopter was fired on by the rioters.
        Again, that's not an excuse to ban reporters from covering things. People fired at Ernie Pyle, and they HIT. And that hasn't kept us from sending reporters to war zones. There is NO EXCUSE to ban reporters from a whole town.
        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

The entire situation has done a complete 180 with the Highway Patrol in charge.

Comment

Wow, it's almost like the police completely fucked up.

Imagine that.
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

treat people like animals and they act like animals, treat people like people and they act like people.

Comment

The side that's doing its best to prevent outside reporters from showing what's going on has automatically zero credibility for their version of the story.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  So in a town that's mostly black, it's mostly black people being stopped? That sounds...reasonable.
                  No it does not, not with numbers like this.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  As for the makeup of the police force and local government, how many black people have actually attempted to join either?
                  An important question, that said, it is hard to think people will want to join an organization that regularly discriminate against them. So even if no black people want to join the police, it probably only reflects the lack of credibility and trust in the police

What is your currently opinion on the attack on the media people by the police? (do you still think it was a case of being caught in the crossfire?)

Comment

And the latest reports:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/08...ed-106115.html

I'm disinclined to believe the local cops. Can't they get an assigned spokesman from a higher level?
                    I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                      I'm disinclined to believe the local cops. Can't they get an assigned spokesman from a higher level?
                      The police chief has already been forced to admit that the officer was not aware that Brown was a robbery suspect after a Freedom of Information Act request.

Meaning they just actively tried to smear Brown this morning to justify the stop and shooting. I don't think the Ferguson PD has a shred of credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        Meaning they just actively tried to smear Brown this morning to justify the stop and shooting. I don't think the Ferguson PD has a shred of credibility.
                        *sigh*

See, I've been trying to give the cops the benefit of a doubt here, but they keep making all the stupidest decisions...
                        I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
                          *sigh*

See, I've been trying to give the cops the benefit of a doubt here, but they keep making all the stupidest decisions...
                          Looks like they didn't inform the Highway Patrol or the governor that they would be releasing any of this either. They really need to just shut up, stop moving and let the FBI handle this. The squirming makes it look worse and worse.

Edit:

They haven't released the officer's incident report either. They withheld the officer's name. They won't give any information about the autopsy. The officer's patrol car supposedly doesn't have a dash camera. They have dash cameras but they "weren't installed yet".

But they found the time to release a robbery report for character assassination purposes?
                          Last edited by Gravekeeper; 08-15-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            Looks like they didn't inform the Highway Patrol or the governor that they would be releasing any of this either. They really need to just shut up, stop moving and let the FBI handle this. The squirming makes it look worse and worse.

Edit:

They haven't released the officer's incident report either. They withheld the officer's name. They won't give any information about the autopsy. The officer's patrol car supposedly doesn't have a dash camera. They have dash cameras but they "weren't installed yet".

But they found the time to release a robbery report for character assassination purposes?
                            I couldn't write this if I tried.

If I was actively trying to write smear campaign against cops in a story, I wouldn't have them pull shit like this.

Because it reads like a fucking onion article.

And yet it happened.

...Hey, I'm back!

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
                              Because it reads like a fucking onion article.

And yet it happened.

...Hey, I'm back!

actually the onion would reject this, as it's not humorous.

Welcome back!
                              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Well, I guess everyone was right. A hands off, let's all be best friends, approach definitely works well.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ry.html#page=1

Guess not.
                                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                                X